Backend Image Uploader has never worked for me

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:40

Backend Image Uploader has never worked for me

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

In the RCs and the official release, I just see the loading icon, and it never changes

In the RC however if I navigate back to the Images\albums area I still see the images, that doesnt seem to happen in this release

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.

I cannot reproduce the described problem locally. I successfully uploaded images using Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.6 and Chrome.

Could you please send us more details about this problem, for example your browser version, OS? Can you replicate the issue with the official version.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jan-2011 00:00

Have a peek at this...

http://screencast.com/t/wRdmeB2ign

This is the official version

Firefox 3.6.6, WIndows 7, site running on Server 2008 R2, Sql Server 2008 R2, IIS 7.5

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I assume that you have Silverlight 4 (4.0.51204.0) version installed, right?

Look at http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx, tab "System Requirements" and you will see that there is no support for Windows Server 2008 R2 , FF 3+

So your option is either to upload images with IE 8 or install previous version of Silverlight 4 (4.0.50917.0).

Greetings,

Milena
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hey Milena,
  Yeah I have the latest silverlight installed (see attached)

Same errors still

I also have the Silverlight 4 SDK installed @4.0.50401.0

Sorry if it caused confusion there, I am running Windows 7with firefox 3.6....the server hosting the SF4 instance is Server 2008 R2.

Steve

Hi Steve,

1) Do you experience the problem with all browsers?
2) Can you check if you can upload files on the demo site and let us know about the result?

http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#Upload/FirstLook

Thanks!

Greetings,
Milena
the Telerik team

1) IE 8 Seems to work
2) Worked in FF 3.6 on the demo site

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

The only reason for this behavior seems to be some browser caching or anything else related to the client - it could be some FireFox plugin.

Best wishes,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2011 00:00

ok, I have the following plugins:
- Firebug
- YSlow
- Page Speed
- FireQuery
- HttpWatch Basic
- WebAii Automation
- LastPass

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

I am not quite sure what the problem could be here. For it looks some issue related to the OS and Silverlight version you use. Can you try the following

1. Revert back to the previous version of Silverlight and see whether the problem will appear.
2. Try to uninstall and then install the Silverlight and see whether the problem will appear.
3. If 1 and 2 do not give you positive result, can you move the project to your local server that uses Windows 7 and try to replicate the issue?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed