Image Widget Concern when selecting an existing image.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:15

Image Widget Concern when selecting an existing image.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2011 00:00

You can run into trouble getting the correct image to insert when selecting an existing image from an album if you do not wait for the dialogue to finish loading.  I am guessing I have around 50 images loaded at this time and some of them are larger files so the load time is taking longer than it might typically.

It also brings me to another question.  Is it possible to disable the "All items" filter from being the default load for images.  I can see where this would take a long time to load images for large image libraries.

1.) When the Insert an image dialog is up choose "From already uploaded"
2.) You will see that "All items" is selected and the loading animation is going at the top.  Immediately choose another that you are grabbing the image from.
3.) It will still show loading at the top, but the new album will then list it's contents.  Select your image and click save.
4.) The image I see is not the one I just selected, but rather the first image that is listed under "All items".

Obviously I should be patient and wait for the load to finish, but wanted to bring this up as a performance issue for those people that might not be patient.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Stacey,

Thank you for reporting this behavior to us. I forwarded your request to our UX and they will try to come up with a solution in one of the service packs of Sitefinity 4.0. You could try using  ‘From your computer’ option  as a temporarily solution.

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed