Bug with Project Manager

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:27

Bug with Project Manager

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I just wanted to check whether the following is a bug.

I upgraded from RC2 to the official release using the Project Manager. When the App was upgraded it excluded any files in the project that arent a native part of a defauly SiteFinity project i.e. I had a folder called "lib" and "images" which the upgrade process excluded. It also changed the default namespace backto SiteFinityWebApp which I had previously changed.

Neither are major issues, but worth resolving nevertheless.

Regards,
higgsy

Hello higgsy,

The problem is caused because we are using a web application project instead of a website. When you upgrade through the Upgrade button of the Project Manager it replaces the SitefinityWebApp.csproj file in the root of the project. Changes to to project such as including new folders, etc. are stored in this file. You can backup your csproj file before upgrade and then use a merge tool such as WinMerge to merge differences in the csproj files.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ok- fair play. Although, the csproj file is no more than an XML file - so why not just replace the bits you need to and leave the rest alone.

Regards,
higgsy

This thread is closed