Using a global resource in pluggable control

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:16

Using a global resource in pluggable control

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

Im building a control designer which is in an external assembly. When I try to use a local resource string, i.e:

<asp:Literal text="<%$ Resources:MyResourceClass, MyString %>" runat="server" />

I get the error message:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.TemplateException: Local resources are not supported for embedded templates. Please use global resources instead.

The error message suggests I need to create a resource file in my SitefinityWebApp project, but I'm presuming I've interpreted that incorrectly - otherwise a pluggable component is not so pluggable....

Thanks
higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello higgsy,

The answer is that sitefinity doesn't support combination of embedded templates and local resources. Your only option is to use global project resources, or the better one is if you are doing a custom module to register a sitefinity resource class, since then all your localized labels, can be edited from the Sitefintiy UI and you can also make language packs. Check the Producs sample from the SDK, the global resource class is registered in the module initalization Res.RegisterResource<ProductsResources>() and see the ProductsResources that inherits Telerik.Sitefinity.Localization.Resources.

All the best,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have the same problem and I try with global project resources and it doesn't works too...
I create a directory App_GlobalResources and resx files in SitefinityWebApp.

In my acsx template :

<asp:Label ID="LinkTitleLabel" runat="server" Text="<%$ Resources:LinkBoxTemplate, LinkTitleLabel %>" />

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello ,

We have a bug that does not allow you to use App_GlobalResources folder in the application when you have a custom control. You can take a look at this post.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed