404 Errors using News Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:17

404 Errors using News Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've set up version 4 and just added the News control to a page.  This works fine and lists the news items as expected, but if I click the news item to view it as an 'automatically generated page', all I get is a 404 error ie :

http://localhost:60876/2011/01/18/GHDGoesLive

Gives me :

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found. 
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. 

Requested URL: /2011/01/18/GHDGoesLive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

I'm just running it under the dev server within VS2010.  I figure it's a handler issue, but I'm stumped as to why it can't find the page?

Edit: Ok this is weird.  The page I placed the news control on was 'Home' or /Home.  For some reason it doesn't work from this page.  But, if I create a new page called 'test', drop it on there, it works fine.  However, if I then set the 'test' page as the default 'home' page, it fails.  It seems to be to do with if I set the page as the 'home' page.

Hope you can help,
Tony

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Tony Bolton,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please let us know which is the exact version of the product (you can check this in Administration -> Versioning & Licensing. I am using build 4.0.1098 and when I set a news view control on my home page when I request the site it comes up with domain.com. However the links to single news items get generated as domain.com/home/URLOFNEWSITEM, where home is the name of my home page.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Yes that's the same version I'm running on.  It's weird - it's like it's omitting the page from the URL if I've set that page via the Pages section as the 'Home' page.

Any ideas?

Tony

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Tony Bolton,

That is really strange.

I have the same set up as yours and am not able to reproduce the issue. I would kindly ask you to prepare a small sample project where this issue reproduces and send it to us via a support ticket or bug report we will set it up locally and see if there might be a bug.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Unfortunately I've ceased development with Sitefinity after the recent licensing 'revamp', so it's kind of a non-issue now.

Thanks for your help though much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tony

This thread is closed