Restricting access to one page not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:46

Restricting access to one page not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,
I attempted to give public access to one page.
For that, I have set permissions to all pages to Authenticated users.
Then I have broken inheritance permission of the page I wanted to be public (my home page) and have given permission to Everyone.
Every page is visible when authenticated but when logged out, I have this error message trying to view my home page :

Root node defined in provider FrontendSiteMap is null, root node cannot be null.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Root node defined in provider FrontendSiteMap is null, root node cannot be null.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Root node defined in provider FrontendSiteMap is null, root node cannot be null.]
   System.Web.SiteMapNode.get_RootNode() +2188437
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.ApplyLayoutsAndControls(Page page, RequestContext requestContext) +203
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandler.InitializeContent(Page handler, RequestContext requestContext) +276
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandler.Handler_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +215
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +91
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Can you try to reproduce this issue (I am using SF 4.0.1098 SBE).
Thanks
Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the provided details. We tested them locally and were able to reproduce the problem. It is a bug. We logged it for fixing. Unfortunately I am not able to give you a certain time for when it will be fixed.

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

What's the status of this?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Scott

The status of the issue is Resolved. The fix should be available in Sitefinity 4.1 Release.

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've run into the exact same issue, but only since upgrading from 4.1 to the latest 4.1.1395.0

Did the fix get left behind?

Cheers,
Pat

Posted by Community Admin on 26-May-2011 00:00

Hi Pat,

Unfortunately the issue is valid for the latest build. I re-opened the bug. You can monitor the status of the bugs in our issue tracking system PITS. The issue ID is 6207.

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2011 00:00

Hi,

Thanks for logging this issue.

Could you please provide an estimate on when it will be addressed?

Cheers,
Pat

Hi Pat,

The fix should be available in the next internal build scheduled by the end of the week.

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Sonya

Great to hear some more bugs are fixed but
- PITS shows it still open (maybe it stays open till the bug fix is in an official release)
- And as stated many times before. Internal builds are nice and we know you are working but not really helping sites in productions :-)

Thanks for the good work. Looking forward to the next official release.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for all the details you gave. It helps a lot.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2012 00:00

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for all the details you gave. It helps a lot.

This thread is closed