Keyword not supported: 'c;initial catalog'. while cr

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:51

Keyword not supported: 'c;initial catalog'. while creating database

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

I've navigated to /sitefinity to begin the site installation process, selected a database server, username, password and database name, and when I click to create the database an exception and the following stack trace is displayed. See also attached screenshot.

[ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'c;initial catalog'.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionStringBuilder.set_Item(String keyword, Object value) +1577517
   System.Data.Common.DbConnectionStringBuilder.set_ConnectionString(String value) +2198314
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Decorators.OpenAccessDecorator.TestConnection(IConnectionStringSettings connStrSettings, Exception& err) +543
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.DatabasePane.Validate() +125
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.StartupWizard.wizard_NextButtonClick(Object sender, InternalWizardNavigationEventArgs e) +227
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Backend.InternalWizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +524
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +52
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3691

Hi Tristan,

Can you tell me the name of the database and server connection signature you are trying to us?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan

My mistake; I was using the authentication details of a windows user rather than an SQL server user. 

Regards

This thread is closed