Problem when opening RSS news

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:05

Problem when opening RSS news

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,
I've created a sample project of Sitefinity 4 to test RSS feed, I've got my develop machine and a test one that's similar to the production enviorment we'll use... I've created an rss feed from the Adminsistration panel and bound it to a news publishing.
I've copied the folder to the test ambient and pointed from my machine to the test.. I can navigate the sitefinity portal correcly.
I've also registered in Outlook 2010 the feed and I got the news but when I click on the detail I got this message... even if I'm from my machine it tries to load the "localhost" .... where I tell the sitefinity CMS to point @ the name I specify?

Thanks
Ilaria

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Ilaria,

If you are viewing the website from a remote location (not the machine where the website is hosted on) you should use the machine name instead of localhost.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

It's what I've done..... when I subscribe to the feed I use staging/.../...
when I receive the feed in the full content news I got localhost/.../my-news.aspx it's as if the path that's generated from sitefinity use the "staging" as localhost .....even if when you set the RSS Feed's setting from the backed you got "Feeds base url: localhost/.../Feeds"

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello,
I've checked and creating a new project starting from file system folder it doesn't happen..... maybe I did something wrong the first time I created it
Thanks

Ilaria

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Ilaria,

Have there been any differences in the Sitefinity version you have used the first and the second time?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed