StandardEditorConfiguration not able to reference anything o

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:10

StandardEditorConfiguration not able to reference anything outside of Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2011 00:00

I'm trying to map to an external ToolsFile.xml in Settings->Appearance

But any attempt to map it to a relative path OR a different assemlby results in exceptions

Server Error in '/' Application.

The file: "OCFP.StandardToolsFile.xml" in the assembly: "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources, Version=4.0.1098.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" was not found!

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The file: "OCFP.StandardToolsFile.xml" in the assembly: "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources, Version=4.0.1098.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" was not found!

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FileNotFoundException: The file: "OCFP.StandardToolsFile.xml" in the assembly: "Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources, Version=4.0.1098.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" was not found!]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HtmlField.GetXmlDocument(Assembly assembly, String resourceName) +323
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HtmlField.LoadStandardConfiguration_Private(Assembly resourceAssembly) +43
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HtmlField.LoadEditorToolsFile() +80
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.HtmlField.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +135
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +58
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +175
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2496

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the problem you reported testing with Sitefinity RTM. Could you please send me the steps you follow?

I tried the following steps:

1. Advanced Setting>Appearance>Editor Configuration
  2. Click Create New
  3. Type StandardEditorConfigurationi n the Key field
  4. Enter the name of xml file in Value field
  5. Save
Let me know if I missed something.

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2011 00:00

Hey there...See attached

Am I missing something?  This doesn't seem to let me add\remove tools globally for the RadEditor

<editorConfigurations>
    <add value="SitefinityWebApp.Resources.AdvancedToolsFile.xml" key="StandardEditorConfiguration" />
    <add value="SitefinityWebApp.Resources.AdvancedToolsFile.xml" key="MinimalEditorConfiguration" />
</editorConfigurations>

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

One of the option is maping the template for CotentBlock control which contains the declaration of HtmlField control that wraps RadEditor control. Note that HtmlField is required control and you cannot remove it.

Mapping the template for ContentBlockDesigner

Administration >> Settings >> Advanced >>Controls >>ViewMap

HostType - Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlockDesigner
LayoutTemplatePath - "relative path to the template where you have declared HtmlField control.

So you can set the xml for ContentBlockDesigner or when you map HtmlField you should change the configuration for all RadEditor instances in the application that use HtmlField.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed