Insert Image - Missing Key Image Info

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:48

Insert Image - Missing Key Image Info

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi there,

I have two images uploaded to an Image Album, it's the same photo but one image is 200px wide and the second is 800px wide. However when I go to insert this image into the page I have no idea of knowing what image is which even though I edited their names in the image content. I personally feel it's a bug that there's absolutely no information about the image when you want to insert it. The image title should be displayed below the thumbnail. Another great option would be able to view by name only (this would help the performance issues the insert image dialog has when you start to have more than 10 images uploaded). I think at the very least the thumbnail should have Title/Tooltip defined (not just alt) so you could see the name on mouse over (having to view html source code to see the alt tag is not a solution for my content editors). See attached for sample of the issue.

Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Phill Hodgkinson,

I understand your point and you are absolutely right about the missing title. In our task list there is a record about making an alternative view of the selector - a list of titles and smaller thumbnails. So there will be two views - a thumbnail view and a list view. You will be able to switch between the two views when selecting an image. Also, having tooltips over thumbnails is a good suggestion.

Greetings,
Nikolay Angelov
the Sitefinity team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the update Nikolay, looking forward to the coming updates.

It would also be helpful if the thumbnails would show the whole image instead of just a small part from the top left. Especially important with pictures that are more wide than high, and if the left edge of the picture has white / other solid color / other similarity (let's say a guess to some 20px on most but more or less depending on image). This causes the image choosing to be difficult, and a lot of guessing, as they all show about the same image as preview. (key here is that their width is more than two times the height, and the preview pic seems to be created by taking the smaller of the two and then shrinking that to preview pic size - instead of the bigger, which would have shown the complete picture with some extra either on top/bottom or left/right edge). I can provide / create some sample images if necessary.

This thread is closed