Head links messing up issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:02

Head links messing up issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have found this issue when setting the head HTML in Advanced option of Page Title and Properties to :

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow,all,noodp,noydir" />
<meta name="subject" content="informatique" />
<meta name="category" content="informatique" />
<meta name="Author" CONTENT="asalog" />
<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.asalog.com />

The Link 'canonical' is messed up with the embedded telerik css link as  can be seen as in the attached file.
This doesnot happens on every pages even having the same format.

When I put the link html tag at the top of the list, I can't reproduce the issue, though I am not sure it will not happen.

Can you provide a fix ?

Thanks

Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

I have found the reason :

That was a missing quote in the link tag :

link rel="canonical" href="http://www.asalog.com />

should be

link rel="canonical" href="http://www.asalog.com" />

I apologize for the mistake.
I have been stuck on this kind of problem when editing a content with wrong html could lead to the impossibility to edit the page, forcing me to make changes in the database.
Others developers think that there should be some security around html editors.

Regards

Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi,

I come back to this thread because I have found that the head HTML is sometimes not stored as required.
For example, I have put this html in the Title and Properties / Advanced Options :

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.asalog.com/ " />
<meta name="Author" content="asalog" />
<meta name="category" content="informatique" />

then I Saved Changes and come back to the Title & Properties and foind missing end bracket :

<link rel="canonical" href="http://www.asalog.com/ " />
<meta name="Author" content="asalog" />
<meta name="category" content="informatique"

This should be the explaination of my (false) typo described in my first post.

Is there a length limitation for this field ?

Thanks

Vincent

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Vincent,

You are right - there is a length limitation for this field. By design the length of the field is 255 characters with spaces. (DB Name: dbo.sf_page_data.head_tag_content(varchar(255)). If the text exceeds the 255 text is automatically trimmed. 
Sorry for the trouble. I logged a request (ID=106512) for making the HTML field bigger. I will keep you updated on the progress of this fix.

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,
I have the same problem concerning the max length of a description field.
I can just register 255 characters.

Is it the same problem?!

Thanks
Lucky

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,

Could you please tell us which is the field and where it is placed , so that I will be able to check it

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2011 00:00

What is the status on this fix?  I am attempting to add specific images into that section per page for Facebook sharing purposes (meta tags).  I have tried to extend the database parameters to varchar(MAX) from varchar(255) to no avail.  Thought I'd be smart on this one, but it seems that the code is being truncated prior to it reaching the database.  Any help to make this field accept more characters is helpful. 

One question, though: why would there be a character limit put in place for that section?  It makes sense now as to why I couldn't add all of my script, css & meta tags, but it seems like a useless limit (this one's just curiosity).

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello ,

I checked the code and Description property ( of Content object) is set to short text with UserFriendlyDataType. This is why making changes to the database will not reflect to desired result. I logged a task for review your request for one of the builds in Q2 .

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Apr-2011 00:00

Thank you for the quick response.  Grateful for the explanation as well.  Hope to see that update in Q2.

This thread is closed