Permissions on documents & files

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:42

Permissions on documents & files

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi

For a new project I need to set permissions to documents & files. It seems that doesn't work:

- I started a new sitefinity project from scratch
- Created a new library, uploaded a pdf
- logged out there's no problem accessing the pdf
- break inheritance of the document's permission, set "view this document" for "Administrators only"

--> still can access the document (logged out)?

Thanks and regards

Florian

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2011 00:00

Need a solution, please.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Florian,

Thank you for contacting us. I just want to ask you how exactly you are trying to access your document? Did you place it on some page using some widget or you just copied the "embed link to this file"? There is a bug related to the embed link , that you can actually access the file without view permission (bug ID 105564).  In case you are using a Document link widget on your page and only admin has view permissions for the selected document, you shouldn't be able to see the file if you are logged out - so this should be working fine.

Greetings,
Petya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi!

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, in fact I used the direct (embed) link to the document. 

Regards
Florian

Hi Florian,

Thank you again. I'm increasing the priority of this bug (ID 105564) and I will schedule it for fixing.

Kind regards,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed