Item that no longer exists

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:23

Item that no longer exists

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2011 00:00

After deleting a page, I now get a pop up error everytime I go to the Pages section of the back end.

Message from webpage
You are trying to access item that no longer exists.  The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.

I've tried restarting the server but to no avail.  Any thoughts?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hello Thomas,

Please try to delete your cookies and check if the problem still exists.

To to this:
1.IE>Tools menu>Internet Options
2. General Tab> Browsing History section > Click Delete button.
3. Select Cookies and click Delete

1. Firefox>Tools menu
2. Click Clear Recent History - select  Cookies
3. Click Clear Now or  use Ctrl+Shift+Delete

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello ,

I have uploaded my new sitefinity from my local to my server but when i tried to login  but its just showing error

Server Error in '/' Application.You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.Sitefinity.SitefinityExceptions.ItemNotFoundException: You are trying to access item that no longer exists. The most probable reason is that it has been deleted by another user.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

I am new to sitefinity every thing is working fine on my local but while on server its creating the issue please provide the solution ASAP i am working on sitefinity 7.0

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi Nitin,

Did you manage to resolve the issue? We have the same problem right now.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello,

No i haven't get the right solution i just upload all my files again and error is resolved.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2015 00:00

Check the following settings:  Administration --> Settings --> Advanced --> System -- ServicePaths.  Make sure this setting has your website URL: www.somesite.com  

This thread is closed