Images module not shows the images

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:06

Images module not shows the images

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi

I am using sitefinity 4.0 and i want to use images.suppose i upload any type of images in admin panel that original images not shows up.

Please find the attachment file that will make you scene.

Hi Jmr,

I see that all images are uploaded on 17th of January.

1. Are there issues if you upload new images?
2. If you get the image url and paste it in the browser can you see the image?
3. Have you upgraded the project?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

i am not upgraded the project because, From begging i am using 4.0 only. 
I doesn't able to see the image anyway.
if i upload new images then also not showing.

please find the attached image.
Thanks

Hi Jmr,

Please make sure that you have handler mappings added to IIS. It looks like the entire request cannot be processed.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi

I checked Microsoft® Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0 setup procedure It is exactly correct  in My server.
Is there any other way to solve this? 

Hello Jmr,

If the mappings are correct I do not see what else could be wrong. Could you try to run a project from sandbox  ? If the problem persists for you, open a support request and send the project and its database to us.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Dear Telerik team,

I'm experiencing exactly same problem on my local installation of Sitefinity 4.0.1210.0 (Trial mode)
When the site is launched through integrated webserver then everything works fine = images are shown, please see the attached screenshot sf_non_iis.png, this instance uses SQL Express locally.
However, when I configured my site to run through IIS 7.5 on Win7 x64 with database in SQL Server 2008 located on the same machine then images are not displayed, see sf_iis.png.

Initially I didn't configure anything in IIS / Handler Mappings because everything seemed to work fine i.e. browsing, administration etc. The original mappings are depicted in sf_iis_handlermaps.png.
After having read your recommendations on *.svc and *.xamlx handler mappings I've tried manually add these in web.configwithout much success:

<remove name="svc-Sitefinity4" />
<remove name="xamlx-Sitefinity4" />

<add name="svc-Sitefinity4" path="*.svc" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="None" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness64" />
<add name="xamlx-Sitefinity4" path="*.xamlx" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule" scriptProcessor="%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" resourceType="Unspecified" requireAccess="None" preCondition="integratedMode,runtimeVersionv4.0,bitness64" />

Instead, the page throws an error (iis_error.png) when above config is used.

Please advise what else should be changed to make images display properly when run through IIS 7.5.

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

Handler mappings in IIS are not set or you have some rewrite module in IIS that breaks the url resolver. Since this works with the built-ion web server that comes with the ProjectManager, then the problem is related to your infrastructure.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed