Transferring Site To New Server Problems (Images Not Showing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:49

Transferring Site To New Server Problems (Images Not Showing)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

I am transferring a Sitefinity 3.7 Site from the server it's on, over to another server (from IIS 6 to IIS 7) and seem to be having some problems. The content managed images within the site all seem to be showing 404 errors. I have copied the database to the new server, and copied all the files to the new server changing the connection string to suit. All of the site works besides the images. Does anyone have a solution or anysuggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2011 00:00

Hi Grant,

Please check whether you have HandlerMappings for *.sflb.ashx and *.tmb.ashx registered in IIS. Compare the HandlerMappings between your IIS servers. There could be difference in the mappings you use.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Nov-2012 00:00

Ivan --

I am having a similar issue when deploying a Sitefinity 5.x issue to IIS 6.  The handler mappings that you list are not there on the site; however, I do not have a working site for comparison.

Would you care to enlighten us on what files those mappings should map to?

Thanks,
Dennis

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Dennis,

The problems you are encountering with Sitefinity 5 and IIS6 are actually known issues, which you can fix by adding entries for the different static files in your httpHandlers section of the webconfig. For example if you want to have the .png files served, you will have to add:

<add verb="*" path="*.png" type="System.Web.StaticFileHandler" />

You can also add entries for .css, .jpg, .swf and other static files.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed