Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the str

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:27

Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Having trouble.  I had an RC website up and running, decided to blow it away and start from scratch. at the end of the "Install/startup" I tried to login to the site and I got this:
What did I do wrong/where do I go from here.
Thanks,
Steve

Server Error in '/Libenu' Application.

Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[FormatException: Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessMembershipProvider_416672adfae44aeebf49dc5f0bed418d.ValidateUser(String userName, String password) +220
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.UserManager.ValidateUser(String userName, String password) +27
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser(String membershipProviderName, String userName, String password, Boolean persistent, User& user) +68
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Web.UI.LoginForm.LoginForm_Authenticate(Object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e) +131
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +96
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +127
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +84
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +107
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +161
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +174
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4649

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Steven Cohn,

Thank you for using our services.

It seems that the UserManager is failing to register your user. Can you please see if you are using special characters in the user name, password, e-mail, first and last name? I have tried to reproduce this issue with numerous different combination of characters,however to no avail. I have also tried changing my workstation's locale and culture to be other than English, however was still unable to reproduce the issue.

Can you please give us a little bit more information on your setup - system locale, are you using strictly Latin characters, etc.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed