Gone back to a revison and page content not showing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:55

Gone back to a revison and page content not showing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi

I've gone back to a revision of a page and can see it locally in the browser, but not remotely, the content isn't being shown... any ideas?

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,

I cannot understand what the problem is. Can you elaborate some more about this issue?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Ivan

Basically, I have a home page. I have a template behind it and some content added to it in the page itself. The current published state is from a revision, so I have rolled back. When I browse to the page on the server where  the site is hosted on IIS7, I see everything on the page. When I browse to it from my laptop via the internet, I can't see the page content, (the element that isn't part of the template). I only see the header and footer which is the templated part. Does this help? The page in question is cms.fulcrum.smarterworks.co.uk

This is the same site with the 'images in album not moving properly' issue and the 'gallery javascript not working on the lightbox effect' issue. Is all this functionality working for everyone else and it's just me?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Hi Ivan

The 'Revert to this revision' button isn't working properly either... there's something very odd with a lot of things not working as you would expect... could it be my installation or are there general malfunctions around the place? Do you want a login to look at it all?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Richard ,

Generally the issue you describe

When I browse to it from my laptop via the internet, I can't see the page content, (the element that isn't part of the template).

This looks like as an issue with the permissions of the widget or layout elements. I do not see other reason why a given user will not see some content from your website. Please check the permissions you have set over the "missing" controls/layouts. If the problem persists, please open a support request and give us credentials to the website.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

HI Ivan

Ticket number is 390358.

Ok, I have sorted the permissions. You were right, it was permissions on the layout under the content. This could only have got changed by the problems I was having with going back to a revision of the home page. I am presuming as I have not gone anywhwere near permissions yet. If you could have a look at the other issues with images and revisions, I would be grateful. I need to get moving on this and am unsure the site is working correctly which is making me nervous carrying on in case I need to start again.

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

I am having a similar problem. Except when i reverted to a previous version of a TEMPLATE page, then the single page (the home page) using the template comes back "back" except for a background gif. This is what i see when i View Source, the dsturbing part is 'ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load'. My entire home page is now gone! DO NOT REVERT TO A PREVIOUS VERSION OF A TEMPLATE PAGE UNTIL THIS IS FIXED.  WHAT HAPPENED?!!?:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8" />
<meta name="description" content="Bluestreak" /><meta name="keywords" content="Bluestreak" /><meta name="Generator" content="Sitefinity 4.0.1098.0 SE" /><link href="/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/Bluestreak/App_Themes/Emerald-Blue/global/bluestreak.css" type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" /><title>
 Bluestreak MES - Throughput Consulting Inc - Shop Floor - Production Pathway - Customer Portal - Customer Connector - Integrated Quality Hub - Global Communications Hub - Nadcap - Advanced Specifications Library - iPad - Android - Nadcap Specifications
</title></head>
<body>
    <form method="post" action="" id="aspnetForm">
<div class="aspNetHidden">
<input type="hidden" name="ctl01_TSM" id="ctl01_TSM" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="ctl02_TSSM" id="ctl02_TSSM" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTTARGET" id="__EVENTTARGET" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="__EVENTARGUMENT" id="__EVENTARGUMENT" value="" />
<input type="hidden" name="__VIEWSTATE" id="__VIEWSTATE" value="/wEPDwUENTM4MWRkmNegVWrVejxy/XrXmpClRhz4gCvLkZrgS3xpxdPpel0=" />
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
var theForm = document.forms['aspnetForm'];
if (!theForm)
    theForm = document.aspnetForm;

function __doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)
    if (!theForm.onsubmit || (theForm.onsubmit() != false))
        theForm.__EVENTTARGET.value = eventTarget;
        theForm.__EVENTARGUMENT.value = eventArgument;
        theForm.submit();

//]]>
</script>

<script src="/WebResource.axd?d=uLF-_AnLVsF-TbvAWEGvYg2&amp;t=634322341967838750" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=ctl01_TSM&amp;compress=1&amp;_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d4.0.0.0%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3a8f393b2b-3315-402f-b504-cd6d2db001f6%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2" type="text/javascript"></script>
//<![CDATA[
if (typeof(Sys) === 'undefined') throw new Error('ASP.NET Ajax client-side framework failed to load.');
//]]>
</script>
//<![CDATA[
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager._initialize('ctl01', 'aspnetForm', [], [], [], 90, '');
//]]>
</script>
<input type="hidden" name="ctl01" id="ctl01" />
//<![CDATA[
Sys.Application.setServerId("ctl01", "ctl01");
Sys.Application._enableHistoryInScriptManager();
//]]>
</script>

<div class="sfPublicWrapper">

</div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

BTW - the site views properly when i am LOGGED INTO THE CMS - but if i am not logged in then the page does not return properly and look lke the HTML above (from IE 8.0).

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Todd and Richard,

Reverting of a template should not be possible. In the released version it is possible, but this is a bug, because the template has only one version. We fixed the issue internally. Please, do not try to revert a template to a previous version. The option will be removed from the UI in the next release.

As for reverting the page, I was unable to reproduce the problem. I reverted a few times and everything was working fine.. Richard, can you please share the steps you take to reproduce the problem?

Best wishes,
Lyubomir Dokov
the Telerik team

Lyubomir,
That's nice to know going forward, but can you FIX my screwed up template NOW? Do i REALLY have to rebuild it and the page attached to it? Come on - you gotta have a way to resolve this. I'll give you login credentials to the site and you can see for yourself!

Hi Lyubomir

I basically go to homepage, click on 'revision history', then I pick one, when it comes up I click on 'revert to this version' and it stays on it's current version, taht's about it?

Does this do the same for you, or am I doing it wrong?

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

Here are the steps I followed.

1. I created a page with one content block. Then I published it.
2. I set the page as home page and clicked View to make sure it is OK. (it was)
3. Edited the page and added another content block, then published it again.
4. Again, tested if it looks as expected in the frontend - two content blocks. (it did)
5. I reverted  the page to the previous version - the reverting actually creates new version that is equal to the version I wanted to revert to - this is by design and was working OK. When I published and went to the frontend, only the first content block was there, as expected.

I wrote those steps so that we can be sure we are on the same track. If this is not exactly what you do, please let me know.

All the best,
Lyubomir Dokov
the Telerik team

Hello Todd,

Can you make backup of the database, and then try to revert again to the version that was working? As I told Richard, the revert operation should not delete versions. It makes a new version equal to the one you select. So, you should have the working version. You might be able to revert your data using this way.

If you want you can send your project to me and I will try see what the problem could be and recover some of the data. You may open a support request or a  bug report and attach the project there ( files and database) or send me an external link from where I can download it. I need to know what is the exact difference between the template you have now and this one which was working fine before you try to revert it.
-what controls did you have
-what layout
- the version of the template which you reverted.

Regards,
Lyubomir Dokov
the Telerik team

I have the same issue with reverting page content.  It's blank to the visitor, but shows fine when logged in as an admin to /sitefinity.

The only solution that works is to revert the database backup.

I think a quick solution is needed for this problem.  If I get too far ahead of my database backups, something bad is going to happen and I will lose a lot of work.

Eric Weber
www.sightmax.com

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

I found that clicking the Revert button doesn't actually do anything in the release version.

Hi Lyubomir

I'm not in a position to completely test it again at the moment, but in essence this is what I was finding; the revert buttoin wasn't working...

Will test again in the next couple of days...

Cheers
Richard

Hi,

We were finally able to reproduce the issue with a blank public page after reverting to a previous version. We are working on a solution. This issue is logged in our system with number 107123.

If we come up with a temporary workaround, I will let you know.

Greetings,
Lyubomir Dokov
the Telerik team

Hi Lyubomir

I'm also wondering whether it also happens if the page is selected as being the 'home page'? as this is what mine was and had content in...

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

This happens for all pages, home page is included. The home page is actually standard page,  it is just marked in the configuration as home page. Thus, the revert operation works the same way e.g. with the same issue.

Best wishes,
Lyubomir Dokov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am also facing same problem. content is not showing in pages, only header and footer is showing. but when i edit page as admin login, content is showing but when i browse site it shows only header and footer.

This problem araise for me when i did little change in template and publish again.

i have checked permission as well but permission is ok.
Please let me know what to do because in above thread you have said you are working on this issue but for now how to resolve it because i am losing lot of work. :(

Thanks
saqib

SiteFinity DEV lead

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Saqib

Just checking, that you've checked the permissions on the actual layout placeholders in the page and template, as well as the content widget. It was the layout permissions that changed for some reason with me.

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

I'm experiencing the same thing. I tought upgrading to SP1 should fix the issue, but it does not. It just prevent it from happening, or what?

OC

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have install SP1 but it is scrap. it has resolved no issue that i have faced.

1- Same when i change template, all content are removed when i show page, only header and footer of master page show.

new release of SP1 is useless.

thanks
saqi

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

saqi,

I had items disappear from a page as well and found that the widget permissions had changed.  Like Richard Cross above, I hadn't explicitly changed the permissions, but I corrected the permission to solve my disappearing content problem.  This may be linked to rolling back; I believe it was for Richard and I.

Hopefully this helps.  If not can you describe your issue further?

Rich Winslow

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

The problem of changed permission when reverting a page version was fixed in SP1 of Sitefinity. The fix though does not address already corrupted control permissions. You can fix these permissions by hand or by using the Sitefinity API.

@saqib, would you please provide more information about the type of changes you are making to your page template. If you change the template of a page and this template has different placeholders ids from the one being replaced then the controls that were placed in the missing placeholders will not render on the page because there is no information where to be positioned.

Kind regards,
Ivan Pelovski
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

hi,

I have created a page template and apply hundred of pages. so it was working fine.
One day, i go into design of page template and add  script file path for swp object then publish.

After publishing, all pages that are using this template are now unable to show content on pages except footer and header that was in master page.

I have not change anything like permission etc. i have checked pages permission after that but permission was ok.

I have installed SP1 but still issue is there.

Please i need on urgent basis otherwise my project would scrap that is so bad.

thanks

saqi

Hello,

Please check the permissions over the layout elements. When you are logged in as an administrator and you browse the fronend of the website can you see your content properly?

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I cannot revert to a previous version either. When I click the "Revert to this version" button nothing happens.  The current published version shows up again.  I am running SP1 but it seems buggier than 4.0

This is not in the templates, but on the actual pages.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Scott,

In Sitefinity 4.0 SP1 there is no versioning for templates and this has not been working in the previous versions as well.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed