'Return code: 0' on page publish.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:32

'Return code: 0' on page publish.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

Any time i go to publish any page, i can't; a dialog box appears, "Return Code: 0", and the page does not publish. The same happens if i try to 'Save as Draft'. I can publish any template that the pages use without this error, but not a single page. I even just tried publishing an empty page, with no content and still receive said error.

Have you any ideas as to what this could be?

Regards,

Louis

EDIT: And whether or not this is related, i don't know; but i am unable to delete any page as i get the error message, "Workflow rules do not allow to delete pagename". I am logged in with administrator and backenduser priviledges and have no workflows created.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Louis,

Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce your problem. Can you give some more information. Did you upgrade your project from some previous version? Which "Publish" option are you using - publish the page from Page Edit, or publish the page from Actions /More actions menu in the grid? Can you attach some video or screen shots, or maybe provide access to your project. Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Petya,

We migrated from 3.7 to 4.0. To answer your other questions i have made a video available at http://www.freefilehosting.net/returncode0. I tried playing it directly on freefilehosting and it's just a black screen, but downloaded the file and played it and it plays fine, .swf size 2.9MB.

I hope you are able to find a solution soon, as we cannot progress any further when we are unable to publish or delete pages. This is a major problem and i hope you can come to a conclusion as to what the problem is, so we can solve this together.

Thanks in advance,

Louis

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Louis,

I'm still not able to reproduce these problems. Can you tell me the exact versions and editions of Sitefinity 3.7 (and also the template of the website), Sitefinity 4.0 and the version of the migration tool. These pages you are trying to delete/ publish, are there created in the 3.7 website or you created them after the migration? It would be great if you can provide us access to your website or database. Thank you in advance!

Greetings,
Petya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Petya,

How do i go about submitting my database to you, so that you can have a look?

Thanks,

Louis

Hi Louis,

You can open a support request and send a link or FTP from where we can download the database. Please include App_Data folder as well.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2011 00:00

I am having the same problems.. I can not publish or delete pages... It is telling me the workflow does not allow it.

The only thing I have done recently is uploaded my new license file..

Please help... I am at a stand still here.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Matthew,

Please check whether you use Standard, Profesional  or Enterprice key. Observe the HTTP request and HTTP response. It should provide some more details. You can also attach the trace log ( or give us a link to it)

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

I am running into a similar issue while running the application locally through Visual Studio running SP1.  I have created a trace and can be downloaded from indycarnation.indycar.com/SdrConfigExample.zip.

Thanks,
Alex Lorenz

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Would this have anything to do with the workflows?  In our Visual Studio solution I noticed the workflows folder was not included in the project.  However, after I included the folder I still got the same error.

Hi Alex,

Have you upgraded the project or it is a new one? Can you replicate the issue with a new installation of Sitefinity 4.0 Sp1. The error you are getting is

Insert of '385915545-c46295ff-ee2a-4523-af76-a2a1b9a65840' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException:
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'culture', table 'ICN.dbo.sf_version_chnges'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

What changes have you made to the localization? Generally the culture column is an int and it is populated by the value of the invariant culture if you do not create a page in a specific culture.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

I am working on an ongoing project that we upgraded to SP1 a day after it came out which was working after we upgraded.  I am unable to replicate the issue with a new installation of 4.0 SP1.  The only modifications to the site between upgrading to SP1 and getting this error is adding new controls unrelated to Sitefinity's framework.

I have not modified the localization settings.  Localization is the multi-lingual side of Sitefinity correct?

Thanks,
Alex Lorenz

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Alex,

I sent a reply to the support ticket you opened. If there are any issues, please open the ticket and lets keep the discussion there.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm getting this exact same error when attempting to publish. Any more info available?

Hi Kevin,

Enable the service trace  msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms732023.aspx and check for some errors. There is some problem with the service - it could be some issue with the data that is passed to the database as well.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Service trace viewer reveals this error:

Insert of '385915545-2a01e8ba-e155-4174-8ba4-e836b1386465' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'culture', table 'Sitefinity_Www.dbo.sf_version_chnges'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.execute()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.execute()

Hi Kevin,

Modify the database table - .sf_version_chnges and the column - culture to allow nulls. This should fix the issue immediately. I suppose that this is an upgrade project and it looks like that there is an issue with the upgrades.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

That worked. Thanks Ivan!

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jul-2012 00:00

Hello,

We have started to get same error on same place. Used SF 4.4, and not migrated from any version. Since 6 months, we didn't get this error.

All publish links give this error. One of these is attached as screenshot below.

With this error above, we have started to get another exception in some places:

ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.execute() +341
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.execute() +197
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes) +1803

[DataStoreException: Insert of '86542933-e6252d8c-3f64-4e62-8189-d595928ac2ad' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)
INSERT INTO "sf_control_properties" ("caption_", "caption_en", "caption_tr", "description_", "description_en", "description_tr", "multilingual_value_en", "multilingual_value_tr", "app_name", "control_id", "id", "language", "last_modified", "multilingual", "nme", "prnt_prop_id", "validation", "val", "voa_version") VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
(set event logging to all to see parameter values) Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_b79d3db3dd534c7998064fb8d96cc651.CommitTransaction() +140
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SaveChanges() +51
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetPageData(SiteMapNode node) +935
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +39
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +9025096
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Hello,

We have started to get same error on same place. Used SF 4.4, and not migrated from any version. Since 6 months, we didn't get this error.

All publish links give this error. One of these is attached as screenshot below.

With this error above, we have started to get another exception in some places:

ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS]
   Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.execute() +341
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.execute() +197
   OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes) +1803

[DataStoreException: Insert of '86542933-e6252d8c-3f64-4e62-8189-d595928ac2ad' failed: Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)
INSERT INTO "sf_control_properties" ("caption_", "caption_en", "caption_tr", "description_", "description_en", "description_tr", "multilingual_value_en", "multilingual_value_tr", "app_name", "control_id", "id", "language", "last_modified", "multilingual", "nme", "prnt_prop_id", "validation", "val", "voa_version") VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)
(set event logging to all to see parameter values) Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.sql.SQLException: ORA-01654: unable to extend index WEBPORTAL.pk_sf_control_properties by 128 in tablespace USERS
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.RelationalStorageManager.generateInserts(NewObjectOID oid, Int32 index, ClassMetaData cmd, PersistGraph graph, Int32[] fieldNos, CharBuf s, Object[] oidData, IntArray toUpdateIndexes)]
   DynamicModule.ns.Wrapped_OpenAccessPageProvider_b79d3db3dd534c7998064fb8d96cc651.CommitTransaction() +140
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.SaveChanges() +51
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetPageData(SiteMapNode node) +935
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.RouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageEditorRouteHandler.GetHttpHandler(RequestContext requestContext) +39
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.PostResolveRequestCache(HttpContextBase context) +9025096
   System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.OnApplicationPostResolveRequestCache(Object sender, EventArgs e) +86
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Hi again,

My problem was solved with cleaning disk :)

This thread is closed