Project Manager Upgrade Button Not Really Uprgrading anythin

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:22

Project Manager Upgrade Button Not Really Uprgrading anything

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Feb-2011 00:00

We have been developing our website since the first RC. We have kept up with each release since there everytime downloading the new project manager and upgrading our project to the next release.  Well now that we have "upgraded" to the RTM we have noticed that non of the new features are there.  For instance there is no Search Index page under administration yet if i create a brand new project from the same project manager the search index page is there.  We already have way to much invested in the database of our current project to start from scratch.  Can you provide the necessary database upgrades needed so our project can at least access the search indexes page as well as anything else that probably wasn't "upgraded".  Makes me wonder what else is not really upgraded through out each release.

Hi Michael,

Can you please try opening the database and go to table sf_bootstrap_info table in the database and set the value of bootstrap_version column to 1 and restart the application. Work with a database backup. This should force the upgrade process again.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Didn't do anything i still don't have a search index link in my administration menu.  I can't even access the search index page manually when using the other site as a reference.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

I really need to be able to administer search indexes yesterday, can you provide a quick update that will fix whatever didn't get updated in my database.  Sort of like what you did when the backend css broke in rc2?

Hello Michael,

I have several questions that will help us to determine what the problem could be.

• Could you tell me how did you upgrade your Sitefinity Project?
  • Could you please check if  the file version of 'Telerik.Sitefinity.dll'  file, placed in project's bin directory  is 4.0.1098?(see attached file)
  • Can you please  tell us which version of Sitefinity Project Manager are you using?
  • Could you please send us the screen shot of your Sitefinity Project Manager?

Best wishes,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

The project was initially created using the Project Manager from the RC release.  Then each time a newer version was released in the forums i would download that project manager, rename the old one, run it click the upgrade button and be on my way.  I've done each one in succession up through the RTM release just like that.  I have not gone past RTM.   

I attached the Project manager screen shot as well as the dll screenshot

Hello Michael,

We will need more time to investigate the issue.Please, send us the whole project (project files, database, backend credentials) to debug the issue locally.

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Right now that is going to be a huge file, our database backup when compressed is over 300meg and restored is over 600mb.  How can i send something that big to u.

Hi Michael,

Ok, you can open a Bug Report and give us a link from where we could download the project. Another option is providing us with FTP. We will download and set the project, then get back to in here.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hello Michael,

Let's try the following. It seems that the configuration is not updated. To enable the search module - go to ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/SystemConfig.config file and modify the search module entry as bellow:

<servicesModules>
    <add name="Search" />
</servicesModules>

Then restart the application this should reinstall the search module. Check if Administrations>Search and Indexes option is visible.

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Sonya,  I already had that entry in there, but it had a version number next to it.  I deleted the version number so it was identical to what you suggested, and it worked.  Thank you very much!

This thread is closed