Login Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:04

Login Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi

[Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
To proceed, you need to log him/her off.]

Each time when i try to log in  with my application i Shows above message in Sitefinity4.0RC.Tough i sucessfully logged out from sitefinity

i need to know why this is coming way may be the reason for this

Thanks
Uttam

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello uttam,

1. Make sure that you have not used two ( more) browsers to access the backend and the cookie is not clear.
2. Clear the browser history and cookie in case some data has left there.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

This is very confusing to users.

In this video I was kicked out of the admin while working on it.

Tryed to sign in a couple of times. Telling me that someelse is using my credentials does not really make a enduser feel secure :-)

You will see in the video that when logged in it will switch to admin for as short time
Then I get an option menu that kind of only lets me sign of:

What do you want to do? (Maybe I should have clicked on the big 'Log in to manage site' but that looked like a title to me :-)

www.marktold.com/screencast/log_in_out.swf

Markus

Hello Markus,

1. Could you check whether you have RadWindowManager on the page? ( you can check the page source)
2. If you clear the cache do you still have problems?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Ivan

This is a fresh install with only a few simple pages added.

Markus

Hi Markus,

Ok , but do you have the RadWindowManager and are there is any difference when you clear the cache. I am going to log a task for our QAs, so I will need some more details about the issue.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Dear Ivan

Here is another video. This time a cleared the cache while I was logged in and then performed a logout.

www.marktold.com/screencast/Log-out_02.swf 

Well I have not added any RadWindow manager. And where would you expect it. On any of the pages? Or on the loginpage?

Testpages are here: http://bskd.test-it-now.com/ so you can see for your self

Markus

Hi Markus,

Thank you for reporting this. I logged it as a bug with ID 107432 and I will schedule it for fixing. I updated your Telerik points.

All the best,
Petya
the Telerik team

Hello
[Someone is already using this username and password from another computer or browser.
To proceed, you need to log him/her off.]

I am using one browser only for login but it is again showing the same message

Hi,

We cannot replicate the issue when you use one browser with one tab in it. However, as you might have noticed we logged a task for this issue, so we will check several scenarios. We have idea what the problem could be and there are cases that we can replicate the issue.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Dear Ivan

How about one browser with two tabs with the same site.

I am a bit suprised that I can open one IE and log-in and open another IE (not tab) and copy the URL from the first for example. http://WWW.MYDOMAIN.com/Sitefinity/Pages and am logged in as well.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi

I'm getting the same error. I can say with certainty that it is not because of 2 browser windows.

Has anyone found any solution to this?

Hello Charles,

Please try to delete your cookies/temp files and check if the problem still exists.

To to this:
1.IE>Tools menu>Internet Options
2. General Tab> Browsing History section > Click Delete button.
3. Select Cookies(or all) and click Delete

1. Firefox>Tools menu
2. Click Clear Recent History - select  Cookies (or all)
3. Click Clear Now or  use Ctrl+Shift+Delete

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sonya

I have done so, a few times. I have used 3 different browsers to make sure that this is not a browser issue. 

I have also started a new thread (did not find this one till afterwards http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/4-1-cms-doesn-t-hold-session.aspx ), stating that, I cleared the cache, all my cookies, basically made sure there was no trace that I have logged on. It then still shows that I'm logged in.

Hello Charles,

Please run the following SQL script against your DB:

update  [dbo].[sf_users] set [is_logged_in]=0
where [user_name] like 'CharlesD'

Kind regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Sonya

Strangely enough, that table is not updating. Whenever I login, table: sf_lic_user_activity updates, but not sf_users.

Could this be the cause? Because, the session sometimes lasts 20 min, other times 1 sec...

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jun-2011 00:00

Hi Charles,

We
'll need more time to investigate what's causing the issue. Meanwhile to fix it please this run the script below  and delete your cookies

DELETE dbo.sf_lic_user_activity

FROM [dbo].[sf_lic_user_activity] UA

INNER JOIN [dbo].sf_users U ON UA.[user_id] = U.id

WHERE U.[user_name] = '[USERNAME]'

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Sonya, thank you for the DB script.  One of our users ran into the same issue and the scripts resolved it.

Some details about how he problem came up:
- She was logged into the back-end using IE.
- She installed Firefox, and chose to import her settings from IE in the process.
- She tried logging into Firefox, kicking herself out of the other session in the process, but it would never work.  She would always be shown as logged in.
- Changing the [sf_users].[is_logged_in] flag had no affect.
- We were not able to resolve the issue until deleting from the .sf_lic_user_activity table. 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Antoine,

Thank you for providing the additional info. I tried importing IE settings into FF and I did not experience the probledm you described. I will continue my attempts to reproduce the problem and follow up with you on the results.

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello Telerik,
       Is there a fix for this issue???? We are running SF 5.0 sp1. We just restarted our server and now anyone with IE, Safari and Chrome Can not login. We have tried every suggestion on this form with out any success

Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2012 00:00

Hello Telerik,
       Is there a fix for this issue???? We are running SF 5.0 sp1. We just restarted our server and now anyone with IE, Safari and Chrome Can not login. We have tried every suggestion on this form with out any success

Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2012 00:00

Anyone?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2013 00:00

i also faced the same issues .i changed the time zone  from Canada to Singapore in server that hosted my application.After that come out this message and can't log in anymore.

pls help me to check

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2013 00:00

Hello Virag,

What version of Sitefinity are you using? This issue was fixed in a later release. Please run the script Sonya provided if you have not upgraded.

Regards,
Patrick Dunn
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi

We are also facing the same login issue. We have followd all the suggestions said including clearing cache etc

we ran the scripts as suggested above and still couldnt make it.

We are using Sitefinety 6.1.

Can anyone please help in this regard.

Bobby

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2015 00:00

Hello Bobby,

I would kindly ask you to open a support ticket explaining exactly what the issue is and the steps you have taken when trying to resolve it. This way we would be able to ask you for your project locally to inspect the issue in details.

Regards,
Velizar Bishurov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed