The System Is Restarting

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:33

The System Is Restarting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Just got this error message randomly and had to restart IIS and recycle the app pool in order to continue

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

Thank you for using our services.

Can you please let us know what where the conditions under which you have experienced the issue?

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Actually, i was being discharged from the database with the project in the server, and i was defining the administration user, after that a message appeared 'Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\vhosts\elcampanario.org\httpdocs\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\DataConfig.config' is denied', i changed the permissions in the folder and the message 'The System Is Restarting' appeared. Any suggestion?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

I too had this issue.  However, restarting IIS got me through the system restarting message, but now I'm getting the attached.  What gives?  It seems like it's trying to delete a page that doesn't exist or something...?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Sam,

Thank you for joining the conversation. Unfortunately looking at the stack trace we are not able to determine why this is happening. Can you please open up a support ticket and send us the error log files located in App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs directory, as well as explain the steps you took which led to this behavior.

Thank you very much for your cooperation in advance.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I had this issue to but in may case in both times i was saving one Form.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello JV,

Could you provide some more detailed steps that we can use to try to replicate this issue?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I only remember that in the two times i was saving a form after changing it's layout, fields and settings.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi JV,

We tried to reproduce this on the release build 1098 but we without success. Please provide info about your build version and upgrade path if any.
Restarting of the application is by design while you are creating form, because you actually  create a new table with new columns for each form. But you should not see this message - other users trying to access the system at this time should see it.

Greetings,
the Telerik team

Hi,

My build is the last official release of SF 4.

When you say that "Restarting of the application is by design while you are creating form" you mean that when creating a form the "front end users" will see the restaring service message because of one backend operation ?
If so this can be complicated in a prodution web site.

Another problem is that in those two times i had to make iis restart to make the web site work again.

After trying to replicate this several times in my local environment, here's what I think is happening.

There's a known timeout issue with Sitefinity 4, and it may be possible for you to be trying to come back in but your session/auth ticket have expired and thus you're going to get the message that everyone else would be getting.  

After receiving this message the first time, I killed the database and attempted to run through initial setup again and didn't have the problem.  I do, however, still get kicked out after a bit of time (15-20 minutes) which would correspond to the known timeout issue.  

The site I was working with is on shared hosting and the app pool recycles, which is what's causing the timeout - look up the SP1 release and you'll find a note about it there.  I believe it's slated for rollout sometime this week.

Long story short, my issue has been resolved by recreating the database, but it seems like once the app gets in that state, it has some unfinished processing that never gets to be done because you're kicked out of the Admin site.  Maybe resetting IIS works, I don't know, but redeploying it to the host fixed it for me.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Sam,

Just to let you know that we set the expiration for the authentication cookie for about 2 hours.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Apr-2011 00:00

Same exact thing happened to me. I was trying to change permission on NewsConfig.config 
Had to restart IIS (restarting it just for the site didn't do the trick). 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2012 00:00

Hi,

We are in the process of wrapping up the development of our first Sitefinity site. We sporadically see the same restart message reported at the start of this thread when accessing the site. However, the site recovers after the restart and operates normally after 15s.

The webserver is on Sitefinity R4.3, W2K3, IIS6.0, VMware ESX. What should be be looking at to resolve the issue, and what additional information can we provide?

Thanks,

Anton

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am having the message "system is restarting" everytime i modified or published a page in the Backoffice. Is this the normal procedure? If not why am i having this issue and how can i solve it.

Thanking you in anticipation,
Ansar

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

I fixed it by restart/recycle my app pool manually.

This thread is closed