Issue in Creating hyperlink

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:10

Issue in Creating hyperlink

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi there,
I am working on Sitefinity 4.0.1098.0
I am having following issues:-->
1. If I create a hyperlink in content block to the page which set not to show in navigation. the hyperlink never show up in the page when I view it.
2. If I create a link in the master page to the page which set not to show in navigation. and when I click on the link it gives an error saying "You are not authorized to access this page"

Please suggest what should I do and is this a reported bug?

Regards,
Nimit Verma.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Nimit,

1. For the first question - this is expected behavior.
2. For the second question - i wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Can you provide more info for the page ?
Is it in some specific workflow or do you have specific permissions for it ? Is the page public ?  This response is result from  that you don't have permissions to view it or may be some content in the page require more permissions. We will appreciate if  you send some more information for this problem.

All the best,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi there,
Thank you for replying.
So now here my next question :-->
If can't view a page as a hyperlink in the content block if the page is set not to show in navigation, then why would you have that option(show in nvaigation) while creating a page? What is the use of creating a page with show in navigation unchecked?

One more thing in previous version I mean Siteifnity 3.7 if you create a page and uncheck the "show in navigation" option, you can still create hyperlinks to that page in GENERIC Content.

Please advise,

Regards,
Nimit Verma.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Nimit,

You can set show in navigation while you create the page or  you can use  Actions->Title&Properties (when you are in the grid ) or when you edit the page you can click    Title&Properties. Can you check if the page is published ? I think only published pages are shown in page selector dialog in content editor.

Greetings,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed