Removing Basic Frontend Theme causes issues with the design

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:16

Removing Basic Frontend Theme causes issues with the design

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2011 00:00

Custom controls which have Resource links (css only, js not affected) don't seem to download when you remove the Basic frontend theme...put it back and all is well again.

Hello Steve,

Could you provide some more information about what exactly you are trying to achieve. Are you removing the Basic frontend theme from Advanced settings? Can you send us a sample of your custom control. Thank you in advance!

All the best,
Petya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

What I was trying to achieve was that I had no need for the Basic theme to even be an option, so I killed it :)

I can't send the custom control, but just make a plain simple view control in an assembly, and in the layouttemplate add a reference to en embedded .css, and register that css in the assemblyinfo.

The CSS won't be downloaded

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I tried to replicate this issue locally, but the css class I set applied correctly over the page after I removed the Basic theme. Here are the steps I followed, so let me know if I missed something here

1. Created a class and template for it
2. Created a simple css that sets background of the body.
3. The class, template and css were embedded resources
4. In the template I added

<sitefinity:ResourceLinks ID="ResourceLinks1" runat="server" UseEmbeddedThemes="true">
    <sitefinity:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Resources.Layout.css" Static="true" AssemblyInfo="Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Reference, Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples" />
</sitefinity:ResourceLinks>

5. Then I dropped the control on a page
6. I went to the backend >> Settings and removed the Basic theme
7. I returned back to the front end and request the page - the css class I used was properly applies.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hmm, I guess the only difference was I removed Basic first....and when I went to the page I get a message up here it says "Draft Saved" that complained it couldn't find the basic theme...

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

I changed the order of the steps, but I am not able to replicate the issue.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

I'm having this same issue. We had no need for the basic theme, so I deleted that theme from the solution. Now, any page I edit displays "The selected theme could not be found: Basic." . 

How do I go about fixing this issue? I l first thought that I needed to disassociate the theme from the template and/or pages, but don't see that option anywhere. Before I start hunting this down in the database, I'm hoping someone can help.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Freddy,

If you have removed the Basic theme which was still in use by some page templates the red message will appear on pages that use templates to which Basic theme is assigned. To assign a new theme to template go to Design->Page templates select a template and click Theme in the right column. You will need a new theme registered to replace the old one(it can also be empty theme with no css added.)or select no theme. To add new theme refer to the documentation.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed