Set as Homepage

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Created new Site
Created an user in Authors role
Log-in with author role
Tried to set a page as homepage

Failed

Option in Actions should not be available if this is by design.

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_set_homepage.swf

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

By defult users with Roles=Autors dont have set rights to Modify/Delete Pages (see attached file). Author can create and view Pages but cannot but cannot modify or edit pages, created by other users. Thats why they are not allowed to set Page as Homepage.

To grant permissions to Authors:
1. Go to  Pages page, click Permissions for all pages link in the right side of the page.
2. The Permissions for all pages page appears.
3. To change the permissions for an action, click Change.
4. A window appears - select the Selected roles or users radio button.
5. Click Add roles or users button - a window appears.
6. To add a role or user, click Roles or Users tab  - select Authors from the list and click Done selecting
The roles and users that you have selected, appear below the Selected roles or users radio button.

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Sonya

So it seems that it is by design, so I stand with my first post. If its not possible to me, then the option should not be available under the 'Actions' menu.

Just like you don's see Analytics if you don't have the rights.

Regards Markus

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We agree with you that this menu option should not be available for restricted users.
This will be fixed in some of the upcoming weekly builds.

All the best,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed