Upload image not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:57

Upload image not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

What could I be doing wrong?

www.marktold.com/screencast/upload_images_not_working.swf

When I upload an image everything seems fine, but the result.

This is one of the path created in the web

bskd.test-it-now.com/.../berchtold.jpg

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Anyone on this?

This is the path to one image

Since there is not realy a save on server function and the folder /images does not realy existe I assume SF will have some handler (which is not working)

Please help. Got a demo tomorrow and realy wont look to embarresed

Markus

Please help

I have a demo of Sitefinty tomorrow, and I need the abiltiy to add images!!!

Markus

Hi Markus Berchtold,

This seems like an IIS configuration problem.

Can you please make sure that your IIS is set up according to the instructions in this article. Make sure that you have the wildcard script handler mapping to aspnet_isapi dll.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Radoslav

Thanks for comming back. I am kind of panicing :-)

I set the mime types (is a restart of the web needed?)
I set the permissions with my provider, howerver I don't know if I did it correct.

I can use a checkbox for the web itself and one checkbox for NETWORK SERVICES.

I am not sure if NETWORK SERVICES should have rights as well.

Well so far it's not working. Would the upload create files and folders in App_Data?

Are images not stored in the DB?

Markus

According to my ISP my webs are all runing under dedicated application pools so no need to set the rights for Network Services.

Restarted the Web to see if that was the problem.

No luck yet.

Markus

PS: Should folder and files be created. (Question from last post)

Dear Radoslav

Can you tell me what you think most likely is missing in regards of saving the image. SF runs ok.

1. Open the Server Manager by opening your Start Menu and clicking Administrative Tools » Server Manager.
  2. Select and expand Roles.
  3. If you do not see Web Server (IIS) role, you must add it using the Add Roles button.
  4. Click Web Server (IIS) and in the right pane, expand Role Services.
    1. Make sure you have installed the following services:
    2. Common HTTP Features » Static Content.
    • Application Development » ASP.NET, .NET Extensibility, ISAPI Extensions, and ISAPI Filters.
    • Management Tools » IIS Management Console, IIS Management Scripts and Tools, and Management Service.
    1. In the navigation tree on the left, click Features.
    1. Make sure you have the following features added:
    2. Desktop Experience.
    • .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features » WCF Activation » HTTP Activation.
    1. After you have created your website, expand Web Server (IIS) node and click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manger.
      In the right pane, the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager appears.
    2. In the navigation of the IIS manager, expand your server node.
    3. Expand Sites node and click your website.
    4. In section IIS on the right, double-click Authentication.
    5. Make sure Anonymous Authentication and Forms Authentication are enabled and all other authentications are disabled.
    6. Click your website again and in IIS section, double-click Handler Mappings.
    7. Make sure you have enabled handler mappings for *.svc and *.xamlx with executable path set to one of the following:
      1. For 64-bit OS: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll
      2. For 32-bit OS: %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll
    8. Close the Server Manager.
    I think the MIME are set correct and the rights are ok as well.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Can you please try uploading a single image to see if it will work correctly? We have a bug which crashes the images if you upload more than 7 files for example.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2011 00:00

Dear Radoslav

I tried to upload single images and same result.

Could you tell me where the images would be storted. In the database what table so I could look if they are there and only displaying is a problem

Also since the path seems to lead to /images (which I find strange) it would be nice to know how they are handled if they are indeed in the database.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Can you please open up a ticket and provide us with credentials for your website. We would like to login remotely and inspect the errors. Also is there some way that we can view your configurations remotely?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Dear Radoslav

I did sign up for a V-Server with same provider and it worked right out of the box.

So if I am just a single case (as you know most problems existe between keyboard and chair) I would forget about it.

If you want to follow this matter (I rather have you work on other stuff :-)) then I can open a ticket and grant you access.

Markus

Hi Markus Berchtold,

I am happy that the case has been resolved on the V-server. As we are testing on shared hosting providers how Sitefinity behaves inspecting your website would give us information if we are missing anything in the configuration articles. I have a test account on DiscountASP.NET with shared hosting on IIS 7.0 and there are no such problems on it. There are however differences between IIS 6.0 and 7.0 and one of them is that you cannot register wildcard script mappings in the web.config. So this should be done by the hosting provider (this applies if you are running in classic mode).

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Nope - the server I was on was IIS 7 as well.

Markus

This thread is closed