Filtering a HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:42

Filtering a HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Using the filter box of a HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView causes an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an object" error.

Is there a place to officially report errors we come across?

Thanks,
Steve

Hello SteveW,

You can open Bug Report from your account to report some issues you have found.
Can you show me how you use HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView ?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

The error is not a big issue as I know it will be resolved. This error also occurs in the Blog filter as well I'm assuming it's in every designer that uses the HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView.

I'm using the HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView in my control designers. Ideally I wanted to use the following but I'm running into some minor issues:

<sf:FilterSelector ID="filterSelector" runat="server" AllowMultipleSelection="true" 
                    ItemsContainerTag="ul" ItemTag="li" ItemsContainerCssClass="sfCheckListBox sfExpandedPropertyDetails" DisabledTextCssClass="sfTooltip">
                    <Items>
                        <sf:FilterSelectorItem ID="FilterSelectorItem1" runat="server" Text="ByCategories"
                            GroupLogicalOperator="AND" ItemLogicalOperator="OR" ConditionOperator="Contains"
                            QueryDataName="Categories" QueryFieldName="Category" QueryFieldType="System.Guid">
                            <SelectorResultView>
                                <sf:HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView ID="HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView1" runat="server" WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/HierarchicalTaxon.svc"
                                    AllowMultipleSelection="true">
                                </sf:HierarchicalTaxonSelectorResultView>
                            </SelectorResultView>
                        </sf:FilterSelectorItem>
                        <sf:FilterSelectorItem ID="FilterSelectorItem2" runat="server" Text="ByTags"
                            GroupLogicalOperator="AND" ItemLogicalOperator="OR" ConditionOperator="Contains"
                            QueryDataName="Tags" QueryFieldName="Tags" QueryFieldType="System.Guid">
                            <SelectorResultView>
                                <sf:FlatTaxonSelectorResultView ID="FlatTaxonSelectorResultView1" runat="server" WebServiceUrl="~/Sitefinity/Services/Taxonomies/FlatTaxon.svc"
                                    AllowMultipleSelection="true">
                                </sf:FlatTaxonSelectorResultView>
                            </SelectorResultView>
                        </sf:FilterSelectorItem>
                    </Items>
                 </sf:FilterSelector>

I'm working through the issues and came across the "Object Reference..." error.

Thanks,

This thread is closed