Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Doc

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:13

Documents & Files Custom Fields Error After Deleting Document

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

I've added a custom field to the documents and files module, using the custom fields tool in the Sitefinity backend.  It was a classification field using a classification I also added to the classifications module called PublicationType. Everything was working fine until I deleted a document.  After that whenever I attempted to add a new document the application would throw the following error: 

Could not find the specified key "PublicationType" or class id "TaxonomyResources".

On the same site, I created the same custom field for News and it works fine. Has anyone else encountered this and is it in fact a bug?

Thanks.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Can you provide the exact steps you followed ( form the beginning) or short video, so we can try to replicate the issue. It is possible that there is a bug with Images and Documents & Files module.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks Ivan,

Here are the steps I took to reproduce the issue on a new project I started.  I've also added a few screen shots.

1. Add Classification
2. Add a few test publication types
3. Add a new library
4. Upload a document (I only do this because I can't find a way to get to the Custom Field without creating a document and getting to the listings page)
5. Add Custom Field at /Sitefinity/Content/Documents
6. Try adding a new document, error will be thrown.

Alright, I managed to get this setup on a third site, without any issue.   I named the custom field "Type" instead of Publication Type, which was also the name of the classification I created.   

This thread is closed