Upgrade from Sitefinity 3.5 to Sitefinity 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:20

Upgrade from Sitefinity 3.5 to Sitefinity 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi there
Currently My company is using Sitefinity 3.5 now for the next phase of development we are planning for Sitefinity 4.0
Can  you  please you Guide me whole process how to Upgrade current site from version 3.5 to Sitefinity 4.0

Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Gaurav,

First you need to upgrade your project to Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 following our upgrade instructions , then you should use the migration tool.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello
I want to Download the Sitefinity 3.7 but i am unable to find the link .
Can you please provide me link of that version . It is not showing in my account

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hello Gaurav,

Here is direct link to your downloads.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hello
Can you Please provide me the Patch link that is mention in
Upgrade Instructions.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hello Gaurav,

The link I sent you will give you access to the patches. The are marked as "hotfix for ..."

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

HI
Can you please provide link or whole procedure how to upgrade from Sitefinity 3.5 to sitefinity 3.7
Can I directly upgrade into Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 or first i have to Upgrade to Sitefinity 3.7 and  then to  Sitefinity 3.7 SP4
Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Gaurav,

Here are the upgrade instructions for Sitefinity 3.x editions upgrade instructions

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan
I have Upgraded my Website from Sitefinity 3.5 to Sitefinity 3.7 . I got a issue in pages where i used generic content .
In generic content when I used Some Link with virtual path in following line

<a href="/DownloadEvaluationEditions.aspx?software=31" class="nav1">Download</a>

It is showing following error

'/DownloadEvaluationEditions.aspx?software=31' is not a valid virtual path

Though It was working nicely in Sitefinity 3.5 . And it also not allowing to edit the Generic content . I have attach a Screen shot of that error..
The Thing is that I cant delete the  generic content .
So please guide me so that I can get rid of it.

Thanks
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

When i tries to get login into my site it shows following page .

Object moved to here.

I have used the in built login control it.

How can I remove this message

Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Gaurav,

The object moved generally means that there is some http header generated which prevents the Response.Redirect to required url. It could be result of proxy.Object move could be thrown if the host is changed between the requests. So, if context.Request.Url.Host is altered you may get object moved.

The other error - '/DownloadEvaluationEditions.aspx?software=31' is not a valid virtual path is thrown because the link you entered does not start with tilda

<a href="/DownloadEvaluationEditions.aspx?software=31" class="nav1">Download</a>

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hi Ivan

That same Url was working in Sitefinity 3.5  but same thing is not working because it do not starts with '~' sign

At least it should allow me to edit the content but when i try to edit it crashes the sitefinity UI
I have attache the Image in Previous Post.
At least it Should allow me to edit the Content

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

We changed the link parser in 3.6 and 3.7 editions. You can change the links through the database

For public controls like GenericContent you have to update [sf_CmsControlProperty] table.
For backend - modules you have to update -[sf_CmsTextContent]

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan

Now I am facing another problem After Upgrade to Sitefinity 3.7 from sitefinity 3.5 . Hope I will Get Solution

Some times when i Click on Some link on my website it is Showing Error

Server Error in '/' Application.

A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$Content$ctl00$RadGridAntiVirus$ctl00$hdnProdText="... solution.<br><br>Visit Faroni...").

Description: Request Validation has detected a potentially dangerous client input value, and processing of the request has been aborted. This value may indicate an attempt to compromise the security of your application, such as a cross-site scripting attack. You can disable request validation by setting validateRequest=false in the Page directive or in the configuration section. However, it is strongly recommended that your application explicitly check all inputs in this case.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpRequestValidationException: A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$Content$ctl00$RadGridAntiVirus$ctl00$hdnProdText="... solution.<br><br>Visit Faroni...").

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
   <system.web>
       <compilation debug="true"/>
   </system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[HttpRequestValidationException (0x80004005): A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (ctl00$Content$ctl00$RadGridAntiVirus$ctl00$hdnProdText="... solution.<br><br>Visit Faroni...").]
   System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateString(String s, String valueName, String collectionName) +8723434
   System.Web.HttpRequest.ValidateNameValueCollection(NameValueCollection nvc, String collectionName) +111
   System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() +129
   System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() +8723543
   System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) +97
   System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() +63
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6785
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +242
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +80
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +21
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
   ASP.sitefinity_cmsentrypoint_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +37
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +181
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4952; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Please guide me why this is coming . How it can be prevented

Thanks,
Gaurav

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Gaurav,

It looks like the error comes when you click on a link of a RadGrid control. You can try to wrap it in AjaxUpdatePanel which should fix the error. Another option would be disabling request validation from the web.config.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed