Image Manager broken?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:18

Image Manager broken?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2011 00:00

When I'm working in the WYSIWYG editor (such as in a content block) and look at the properties for image I've dropped in, if I click on the little landscape symbol to choose a different image I get the mess I've attached shown to me. Is anyone else seeing this?

This is IE8 on Windows 7.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Zak,

The Image Manage of the RadControls>Editor is not broken. This is the default image dialog for RadControls>Editor. This editor is different than Sitefinity's Content Editor and the insert image dialogs for  these controls are also different.

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I have the same issue. Are you saying it's behaving as expected? If so, why in the world can we even right click an image and choose properties? Is there some other way to edit the properties of an inserted image?

It certainly doesn't appear to be working--I can't figure out how to do anything with it. Scrolling between Page 1 of 2 and Page 2 of 2 doesn't cause anything to happen that I've seen.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Zak,

Please check if the following code is added to your web.config. If the code is missing please add the code below under <httpHandlers> section:

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" />

To set Image Manager:
  • Go to Administration>Files – create new folder named Files and upload few images
  • Go back to the page where RadEditor is and click ‘Edit’
  • Under Image Manager section – define UploadPath /ViewPath  i.e. ~/Files
  • Save
  • Click Image Manager – the images uploaded in ~/Files directory should be listed
I noticed some issues when you have nested pages and we will need some more time to investigate the issue.

Another option is creating a custom or user control where you have RadEditor control declared and you should set DialogHandlerUrl="~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd"

Greetings,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

This was always the problem with 3.x as well...there was never a single source for images\documents.  Depending on the control you used (image control or RadEditor) and where you were, you only had access to files in that repository (filesystem or database library)

Sonya, it gets really annoying really quickly for content editors who have no idea that's the case...it would be awesome if you guys worked towards a single source\single dialog.  So whenever I use an image regardless of where\how I add it, I get the same dialog.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Sonya,

I have a very similar line:

<add verb="*" validate="false" path="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd" type="Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler, Telerik.Web.UI"/>

Do I need the one you provided as well?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Zak,

This is fine. Have you created Files directory in the root of your web application?
Steve, we are going to sort this out for the service pack.

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

I have not--is this a requirement, as I don't recall seeing it in the installation documentation?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Zak,

No, it's not in the system requirements - we found that this fixes the issue after the release. Service Pack 1 will contain this directory though, out of the box.
You may create it, and check if the problem persists.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Georgi,

I'm still seeing the issue after creating the Files directory. Does it need any special permissions?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Zak,

Thank you for getting back to us.

The FileManager requires permissions to create files in under the Files folder if you wish to upload images from the manager. If you wish only to use the manager for including file links in content blocks you do not need special permissions.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Sonya,

This Forum is very helpful. Thanks a lot for sharing these great tips.
I just upgraded from DNN 5.6.3 to DNN 6.0.1 with DotNetNuke.RadEditor provider

My current Problem:
I am not able to add / insert images / media files in the HTML editor.
When I click on "Insert Media" button, "Image Manager" window pops-up. But I don't see any files there.
Naturally, this is a problem with "Image Path" setting for the Editor in this Child Portal.
I want to know how to set the "Path" for the images. I can't navigate to any folder - not even portal root folder (I am the host; working on a Child portal)

Some Observations:
I opened an existing HTML module with an image in the new editor.
I right-clicked on the existing image and saw the "Properties"
I can clearly see the correct path in the "Image properties window".
Image Src shows the correct Path : /P2/portals/26/logo.gif

But when I click the "image" icon next to the file name text box, it opens "Image manager" but no list of files (everything is empty; it doesn't even show the file whose properties I was just viewing).

When I changed the file name directly on the Image Properties window, it picked up the right / correct image and displayed.

If I don't have an existing image, I can't get to the "Properties" window and do this "work-around".

Please help me with this: How to set the Image files Path for the new Telerik Editor.

Thanks a lot in advance!

================ Your Guidance ================================
To set Image Manager:

• Go to Administration>Files – create new folder named Files and upload few images
  • Go back to the page where RadEditor is and click ‘Edit’ <<< "I can't see any "Edit" button???
  • Under Image Manager section – define UploadPath /ViewPath  i.e. ~/Files
  • Save
  • Click Image Manager – the images uploaded in ~/Files directory should be listed
==================================================================

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Vijay,

Please, note that version 5.4 or later of DNN uses the Professional provider of RadEditor, which is implementation of the DNN developers and it is not supported by Telerik.

Our suggestion is to post your question in the DNN forums and contact the support of DNN for help. This article could be also helpful : Taming (customizing) The new Telerik RadEditor.

You can find information about:

All the best,
Rumen
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Oct-2011 00:00

Still broken after all these years
This is still terribly broken and the steps you have given don't make any sense. There is no Page with the RadEditor. There is only a content block on the page. You right click the image and click the properties button followed by the image icon for popping up the Image Manager--which I might add is effectively disable for any logical purposes. And, yes I have a permission to a folder called files on my main drive with images uploaded into it. If a developer can't figure it out how to use the feature the design is flawed. Could you please make the image manager make sense or at least give some reliable instructions on how to use it. I am on 4.2.17xx. 

Not a DNN installation
I might add that this is not a DNN installation I am working with. 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Oct-2011 00:00

Hi Jaime Weise,

The built in image manager of the RadEditor requires folder called Images. We do not create such folder because we have custom dialogs for the RadEditor in Sitefinity. They use the libraries instead of the regular files system.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

I have a custom control with a RadEditor in it. Everything works fine, but I want to be able to insert images from the Image-Library with the RadEditor. How can I tell the RadEditor to use Images from the Image-Libraray and not from the ~/images folder?

Using Sitefinity 4.2. Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Carsten Koster,

If your control is built for Sitefinity 3.x versions you can use this KB article for reference: How to reuse Sitefinity editor dialogs .

If your control is built for Sitefinity 4.x versions you can use the HtmlField control, which wraps the RadEditor in a widget and extends it with the dialogs for retrieving items from the libraries. In this case you can register the HtmlField in your user control:

<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" TagPrefix="sfFields" %>

Then use the HtmlField control:
<sfFields:FormManager ID="formManager" runat="server" />
 <sfFields:HtmlField
 ID="htmlFilmDetails"
 runat="server"
 Width="100%"
 Height="150px"
 EditorContentFilters="DefaultFilters"
 EditorStripFormattingOptions="MSWord,Css,Font,Span,ConvertWordLists"
 DisplayMode="Write"
 FixCursorIssue="True"
 >
</sfFields:HtmlField>

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-May-2012 00:00

I would like to report that this issue, as reported by Gaston County on the 8th of February 2011 still persists in the Sitefinity 4.4 version we are using for a client.

As I could not find any documentation, please advise on how to set up this tool correctly.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2014 00:00

I know this post is fairly old however due to the possibility of still running into this issue I am posting the resolution. The HtmlField Radoslav included is missing the "IsToOverrideDialogs" property that allows the managers to function. see below:

<sfFields:HtmlField ID="Content1" runat="server" DisplayMode="Write" EditorToolsConfiguration="Standard" HtmlFieldEditModes="All" EditorContentFilters="DefaultFilters,RemoveScripts" EditorStripFormattingOptions="AllExceptNewLines" Height="200" Width="330" IsToOverrideDialogs="true"></sfFields:HtmlField>
Hopefully this helps anyone in the future who runs into the same issue.

This thread is closed