new module installation error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:42

new module installation error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

When i install my own module i get this error.

Unsupported language "pt-BR". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.

Hello Gadonski,

Have you enabled localization for your project ? If so can you send a screenshot of the languages settings and your ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/resourcesConfig.config and elaborate some more about the module implementation you have.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

my resourcesConfig.config

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

I also have a similar problem. When module installation begins, it gives an exception (See image2). It displays the website but does not add the backend page for the module.

my config file is also in attachments (see image1)

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

I've got the same problem, my resources are defined as the following:

<cultures>
    <clear />
    <add culture="en-US" uiCulture="en" key="english-en-us" />
    <add culture="pt-BR" uiCulture="pt" key="portuguese-pt-br" />
    <add culture="es-ES" uiCulture="es" key="spanish-es-es" />
</cultures>
<backendCultures>
    <clear />
    <add culture="en-US" uiCulture="en" key="english-en-us" />
</backendCultures>

I've create a ApplicationModule using SitefinityModule template that comes with the installation. It does appear on /Sitefinity/Administration/Settings/Advanced > System > ApplicationModules.

I've configured it to install "OnApplicationStart", but I always get that error in this line:

sf.DocumentLibrary().CreateNew().Do(lib =>
    lib.Title = ModuleName;     // ERROR
    lib.UrlName = ModuleName;
);

lib language is setted as "pt-BR", but my backend is not in portuguese, it is only in english.

Unsupported language "pt-BR". If you want to support this language, please configure your application accordingly.

My SO is Windows 7 pt-BR.

How exactly does it work? What should I do to build a module that can work in any language?

---
Forcing to en-US

System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
                    System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo("en-US");

Showed the same error, but for en-US.

Checking for

moduleNode.AvailableLanguages

Shows that it is empty.

How do I configure these languages?

--------------

This only happens when I have more than one front-end language.

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Bruno ,

This is bug in the module installation. The module is trying to get the culture from the server and this makes mismatch. The issue should be fixed for the forthcoming SP 1. Basically inside the Install method of the module you should set the  CurrentUICulture to the default backend culture which you can get from the ResourceConfig

var cult = Config.Get<ResourcesConfig>().DefaultBackendCulture.UICulture;

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Dev Team

I have the exact same issue. 

How do i set the CurrentUICulture?

And when is the ETA of the SP1.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Bruno,

You can use System.Threading.Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture to set the UICulture. SP1 should be released this week.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2013 00:00

I have installed new module in a new project but it is displayed in back-end ? with the same code I installed module in existing project and it worked.. Does it require extra setting? Any solutions
Thanks

This thread is closed