error 404 Sitefinity 4.0

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:19

error 404 Sitefinity 4.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi, actually i have a problem, i can run the sitefinity project in the server, but when i click in some page, the error 404 appear. Would help me please.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Jose,

Do you have this problem is you use the built-in web server that comes with Sitefinity's project manager - you have to open the project through it. If the project is hosted on IIS it is possible that you do not have hanlder mappings for the services that we use (*.svc) and the request cannot be processed.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi, thanks for reply, i checked the handler mapping and it actually works correctly and the error still appears. I wanna upload to the ftp the archives of a project before connect with the database and do this step in the server. I think probably the connection with the database failed. Any other suggestion? Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Jose,

There are two genera reasons for the error you see

1. The service is blocked or it is not mapped in IIS
2. There is a permission issue with the page ( but this is not valid if your user's role has view permission)

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Thanks! I solved the problem with the mapping handler in the IIS.

This thread is closed