Rad scheduler Delete Option Not Working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:44

Rad scheduler Delete Option Not Working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

hi i m getting the following error on the control when try to to delete any one know the solution can any one help me

Date: 10-Feb-11 3:42:15 PM Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = 'cefc85e3-7544-497a-b29b-59aee475d61e'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = 'WPending Acceptance' exists and is loaded. at Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduling.AppointmentController.DeleteAppointment(Appointment appointmentToDelete, Boolean deleteSeries) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.DeleteAppointment(Appointment appointmentToDelete) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.ProcessPostBackCommand(SchedulerPostBackEvent postBack) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

No idea what is the problem its in user contrl in the system
thanks
Bandy

No idea what is the problem its in user contrl in the systemthanksBandy

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi charith,

How exactly do you load appointments in RadScheduler? If you are inserting non-recurring appointments, you need to ensure that RecurrenceRule and RecurrenceParentID are saved as null values in the database.
I noticed that there is a similar bug in the RadScheduler that  is fixed in version 2010.3. 1215- Release notes:

Fixed: Appointment does not detach its RecurrentParentID when the master appointment is demoted to a regular one

Also if you run the same code on a standard ASP.NET web page do you get the same issue?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Date: 11-Feb-11 9:11:51 AM Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. InnerException: System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot locate the parent of appointment with ID = '75e75a84-17f5-4df0-8117-1f10361fb389'. Ensure that the parent appointment with ID = '' exists and is loaded. at Telerik.Web.UI.Scheduling.AppointmentController.DeleteAppointment(Appointment appointmentToDelete, Boolean deleteSeries) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.DeleteAppointment(Appointment appointmentToDelete) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.ProcessPostBackCommand(SchedulerPostBackEvent postBack) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScheduler.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 

I am Using the Business Object and load the Data to calendar control as u said i tried to assign using null values but still the same error do u have sample coding with Business objects.
Thanks
Bandy

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi charith,

I suggest that you should open a request in the forum that is supposed to handle questions for RadScheduler control. Also try using the latest version of the RadControls. This issue does not look related to Sitefinity ( where you are posting this issue). It would be great if you can open support ticket and provide sample code that the team can debug and suggest you proper solution.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed