Telerik.OpenAccess: No enhanced assembly has been found for

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:42

Telerik.OpenAccess: No enhanced assembly has been found for meta-data construction

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I have build a new custom module using the latest internal build (01057Sitefinity_4.0.1141.0) using the SitefinityIntermediateModule project template. I have created all of the classes and embedded app.config and views. My goal is to get a workable custom module for editing cars and car info.
After I have complied the dll and registered the module in my Sitefinity installation I run into a problem when I try to access the backend pages of the custom module.
My custom table is not being created in my database and this error occurs:

No metadata has been registered for class Cars.Model.CarsModel. (This usually indicates, that either this class is not declared persistent or it is declared persistent but not enhanced. The class was loaded from file:///C:/Development/Test-7/bin/Cars.DLL.)       

public static CarsManager GetManager(string providerName)
    return ManagerBase<CarsDataProviderBase>.GetManager<CarsManager>(providerName);
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

What am I doing wrong, I am a missing anything?
Could the problem be related to C:\Program Files\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.0\Libraries\VEnhance.exe?

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2011 00:00

Looks like manually adding this code to the bottom of the Visual C# Project file (.csproj) finally caused the VEnhance.exe to execute when compiling the solution.

<PropertyGroup>
  <PdbFile>$(OutDir)\$(AssemblyName).pdb</PdbFile>
  <RunPostBuildEvent>OnOutputUpdated</RunPostBuildEvent>
  <PrepareForRunDependsOn>
      $(PrepareForRunDependsOn);
      EnhanceAssembly;
      <!-- PeVerify --></PrepareForRunDependsOn>
</PropertyGroup>

Now this shows up in the output built dialog.
  Telerik OpenAccess Enhancer, Version 2010.3.1125.1
  Copyright (C) 1996-2010 Telerik
========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello,

Seems like you were able to setup successfully the project post-build tasks, is your module running now ok, the assembly is enhanced and your custom classes get persisted?

Regards,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

I was able to get Sitefinity to automatically create the table schema on the SQL server after manually tweaking the Visual C# Project file (.csproj).

This thread is closed