Navigation Widget throwing HttpUnhandledException error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:52

Navigation Widget throwing HttpUnhandledException error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2011 00:00

I'm trying to use the Navigation Widget and continue to get the same errors when adding pages from a certain level.  The UI allows me to select pages at the top level, but when I save the Edit Screen shows an HttpUnhandledException error.  Then once the page is saved and I go back to edit that widget, I see a "You are not authorized to login" error, even though I am an Administrator and have full rights/permissions.

Below is the stack trace and all other interface images are attached:

Server Error in '/' Application.

You are not authorized to access this page

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: You are not authorized to access this page

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[HttpException (0x80004005): You are not authorized to access this page]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.FindSiteMapNode(String rawUrl, Boolean ifAccessible, Boolean fallbackToOtherLanguageVersion, Boolean& isExactMatch) +2532
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.FindSiteMapNode(String rawUrl, Boolean ifAccessible) +33
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetNodes() +400
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.SiteMapDataSource.GetTreeView(String viewPath) +49
   Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.GetHierarchyData(IEnumerable data) +235
   Telerik.Web.UI.HierarchicalControlItemContainer.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +354
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +182
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +274
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.NavigationControls.NavigationControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +313
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +113
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4185

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

This issue only seems to occur when adding pages from the Top or 2nd from top level and I've seen the error when using most of the layout options (sitemap, tabs, etc).

Has anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Carla

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Carla Capps,

Can you please make sure that the page is set to be shown in navigation and that all users can view it?

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

The problem was not with the "Show in Navigation" property or with permissions - those were all set properly.  I ended up having to delete ALL pages and recreate them. I no longer see this error.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Apr-2011 00:00

I'm having the same issue. However, this is happening on pages that I do not want to show in the navigation widget. For example, I have an overview page that has a grid that links to individual details pages. I don't want the individual details page to show up in the navigation.

I too am using a custom navigation control.

Any advice?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello,

There are several fixes that we made to the NavigationControl and I believe that this issue is resolved

www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed