Document Library - icon overlap

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:52

Document Library - icon overlap

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2011 00:00

I am having some significant issues using the document library insert dialogue box.

I am converting a 3.7 site to 4.0. The migration tool did not important my documents correctly, so I've decided to do so manually. I have over 100 documents thus far already uploaded.

First, it is taking a long time to load all my documents (about 39 - 42 seconds). Narrowing it does not work until everything is already loaded. Is there a way to get it to disable from loading all item?

Second, the list shows pdf icons that are clumped together. I am unable to see the title of the pdf. See attached screen shot.  Is there a way to see a list view without large icons?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda Shafer,

The issue with the documents list was logged with high priority (ID 107875).

Greetings,
Teodor
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Thank you, Teodore.

Is there a place I can track the issue or possibly know when it might be resolved?

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda,

Unfortunately the PITS - Sitefinity implementation is not ready and the ID cannot be checked publicly.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

I am getting this in IE8 when viewing a library of documents. Haven't checked
with any other browser though.

Thanks,
Andrei

Two more issue to add to the above (attached).
Thanks,
Andrei

I had this happen when I had a particularly long file name. Example: Meeting+Minutes+From+Executive+board+December+Meeting  Because it's all one string, the table can't break it up.  I renamed the title and it stopped overlapping.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

Yes Amanda,

Thanks, but I have hundreds and hundreds of files and most of them have long names.
I hope Sitefinity will sort it out.

Andrei

Hi Amanda,

The problem is in the length of the title. If you have spaces in the name of the image/document the problem will not appear. We are considering an option to handle this no matter of the title.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ivan,

That is exactly what the problem is. The word wrapping works fine when there are spaces.

Perhaps, you could have a maximum allowable number or characters and then programmatically
cut the title into the second line with a dash where the cut occurs perhaps.

Is this issue logged at all and available to be tracked publicly?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

There is an item with ID 110740 about this issue, but it is still not added to the PITS. We will internally discuss how to make some improvements about this issue, because this will require some more time.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Ivan,

No worries. Will have to watch the naming then.

Many thanks,
Andrei

This thread is closed