How can I reset my analytics creds?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:19

How can I reset my analytics creds?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Feb-2011 00:00

Have a look...http://www.screencast.com/t/1YHvQlvY5

Now I set this all up on my local site to point at my account, worked great...published to shared hosting gives me nothing...

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Please go to the App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder and delete both DashboardPermissions.config and AnalyticsConfiguration.config which should reset the Analytics application which means that you will have to enter your credentials again on the production server. Please also make sure that the ClientBin/Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.xap file is correctly copied to the location of your production environment.

If the problem still persists please let us know, we will do our best to resolve this problem with our next service pack coming in a week from now.

Best wishes,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Ok, thanks that fixed it

HOWEVER....

I'm still running into the irritating problem of no silverlight controls working in my firefox (was still failing in FF, the config update worked in IE though).  It makes it extra irritating that all the backend upload controls are silverlight too (so none of that works).  I can't upload anything anywhere, I have to put a dummy control on a page to use the regular ajax uploader, OR use Internet Explorer, and for god sakes, I dont ever want to use Internet Explorer :)

So for silverlight I have
1) Microsoft Silverlight 4.0.51204.0

And attached is a screenshot of the firefox addons

And here is a video of the silverlight upload fail (with firebug and fiddler running showing no traffic, and buttons that do not function)
http://screencast.com/t/3sDe1KBky

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Sorry for late response!

What is the version of Operating System at your environment?

Look at tab "System Requirements" and you will see that there is no support for Windows Server 2008 R2 , FF 3+ for 4.0.51204.0 and next version 4.0.60129.0

So your option is either to upload images with IE 8 or install previous version of Silverlight 4 (4.0.50917.0).

Kind regards,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

It's just Windows 7, no server 2008 R2

So whats the deal with the silverlight versions?  We have to tell users to not have the latest version of silverlight installed?...doesn't it auto update?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I am not sure what is the problem, but it looks like a Silverlight issue. I can propose following steps in order to try to narrow down the issue.

1) Did you try to downgrade the Silverlight version installed on server to version 4.0.50917.0 and check if it works? First you need to uninstall previous SL versions than install the old one.

2) Can you access the site and check upload behavior from another machine where the FF plugins are not installed?

If this two steps do not result in success, next step is to wrap Silverlight upload control and instantiate it on a test page and try if upload works.

Let me know about result!

Regards,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Mar-2011 00:00

Thanks for looking into it, I know it's a pain...

1) Well no I can't downgrade my silverlight version, and really shouldn't need to (again, I can't tell every admin at the university to downgrade their silverlight version, they don't even know what it is)

2) I can use the telerik silverlight upload online demos perfectly fine in FireFox

Have you tried to setup a situation to get this to fail?  I have two different machines with similar configs that are both unable to upload to SF4 though this control...should be able to replicate it.

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Our testers will try to reproduce the problem you are reporting.

Can you answer following question in order to find out where is the problem on server or on client machine:

Can you try to install a test Sitefinity web site on your local file system and check upload behaviour with FF both with IIS and with built-in ASP.NET Development Server ("Cassini") ?

Let me know about the result!

All the best,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

Well I know IIS doesnt work becasue that's what I always use :)

Cassini fails as well (tried creating new project)

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

Unfortunately, we were not able to reproduce the problem. Can you try to disable all the addons on firefox and try again?

All the best,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Ok disabled them all then added them back, no change (in FF 4, and 3.6), but in the process I noticed that if I click BACK, then go back into upload...it works!??

It's repeatable....

http://www.screencast.com/t/jKqa423xRg

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

We could not reproduce the problem you are showing at video.Did you try switching off the firebug console?

Greetings,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Yeah...I put it on to show via a video, it's normally off

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Ok. I am not able to reproduce this issue and it is hard for me to tell you what the problem is. I suggest that you should open a support ticket and put a reference to this post. Then I will schedule  a GoToMeeting session ( next week between 10 AM - 6 PM GMT +2) and I will try to figure out what the problem is. Note that I will need administrative rights to the machine, because most probably I will reinstall the Silverlight and enable/disable some add ons of the browser.

Greetings,
Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2011 00:00

Hey Milena,
  Thanks for looking into it though...I'm not sure where else to take it, I mean I can and have re-installed silverlight, and I mean it works AFTER I go back, then back into upload so silverlight is working fine.  I also know the upload on the silverlight demo site works fine.

I also did disable every FF addon, and it still happened

Are you trying it on a IIS deployed site or the VS localhost Casini webserver?

Here's another video showing more detailed firebug script debugging (with fiddler watching)
http://screencast.com/t/OPudXAUZXB

Notice the clear script error without checking the counts or null and trying to use the object.

I have no idea why it's undefined on my firefox instances, but it is....

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Can you send a screenshot of versions installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Silverlight . I attached a screenshot that shows how to check the version.

We cannot reproduce the problem on both the IIS and Cassini web servers.

Best wishes,

Milena
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Mar-2011 00:00

Here you go :)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

I am sending sample project with simple rad upload control. Can you check what is the upload behavior with FF on machine you are experience the problem and let me know about the result?

Many thanks in advance!

Best wishes,
Milena
the Telerik team

This thread is closed