Custom template not applied

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:50

Custom template not applied

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I created my own custom template based on another custom template. I assign it to a page, click publish and when I go back into the page edit mode, the template did not assign itself. It switches back to the template that was there before.

Thanks,
Andrei

I have just tried it in Chrome and it works, so it does not work properly in IE 8.

Thanks,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

I tried to replicate the issue under IE8 with a custom template, but the only scenario that coincides with what you describe is if a new template is applied to the page, and it is left in a state of Published (newer than draft).

Can you, please, make sure that your page is in Published status after applying the template.

I hope the above information helps you resolve this issue. If you need any further assistance on that matter, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Boyan,

After I apply the new template, I click "Publish". I guess that is what you mean. Once I click "Publish" it takes me to the list of pages and the given page is tagged as "Published". Then I go back in and the template I applied did not stick and switched back to the one was there before.

Many thanks,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can you tell me the exact version of Sitefinity you're using, so that I can work more on replicating your problem? Also it'd be very useful if you can provide me with a short video illustrating the problem.

I will be glad to assist you further.

Regards,

Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Sitefinity 4.0.1160.0.

Boyan, how can I send you the .swf video? 
It does not allow me to attach it.

Thanks,
Andrei

Hello Andrei,

Thank you for bringing this up - indeed with this version I successfully reproduced the issue. I'm logging his ticket to a bug  #108086 which refers to a similar issue, that we will investigate further.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Boyan, thanks. I guess no pints for me then :) ?
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

Unfortunately there was an already logged bug with similar behavior, so I'm not able to give you points this time, but I'll keep it in mind :)

It was pleasure for me to assist you. Wish you a great day.

Regards,

Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed