Admin "Tools" tab on frontend conflicts with Javas

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:22

Admin "Tools" tab on frontend conflicts with Javascript and Themes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2011 00:00

The "Tools" tab seems to be too intrusive on the Javascript and CSS. I frequently have problems with it crashing my Javascript or styles. Here is a plugin that is used quite often that conflicts with it (as a sample):
jquery.malsup.com/.../

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Basem,

Please, include your script before the closing form tag in order to avoid conflicts.

All the best,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2012 00:00

Until this day the "Tools" tab causes conflicts with Javascript and CSS even in the latest 5.1 no matter where I put my own scripts on the page (top or bottom). Viewing the frontend as an admin sometimes looks and even behaves differently than an anonymous user because of the "Tools" tab. Is there a way to completely disable it from the site?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2012 00:00

Hi Basem,

You can go into the advanced settings - > pages and there is a setting named 'EnableBrowseAndEdit'. Please turn it off and restart the site. This will disable the in line editing completely. Also there is a permission if you need to turn it off for a specific user.

Kind regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed