Current user does not have proper authority to update Google

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:41

Current user does not have proper authority to update Google Analytics account settings.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2011 00:00

I was stepping through the configuration wizard for analytics and came to the end step where you save the changes and wait for it to load your statistics.  I could not get past this step however as it would just sit there and never refresh with my data.  Looking at the post results I found I was getting this error: "Current user does not have proper authority to update Google Analytics account settings."

I was on a user account that had administrator and backenduser roles.  The administrator role has everything enabled. 

I found that by logging out and then in with the super admin account that it would work.  Is there a conflict since the  other user account is part of two roles?

I would recommend displaying the exception in a friendlier manner if possible.  I know things are tricky with web services, but getting Analytics setup today has taken me a lot longer than it should have due to hidden errors that needed to be hunted down via firebug, javascript debugging and deleting corrupted files from an upgrade process with the project manager.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi Stacey,

This error is thrown when the user use use is not set as an administrator. The Analytics module reads App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DashboardPermissions.config file. There is a node Administrators

<Administrators>
    <User>admin</User>
  </Administrators>

If the current user is not admin we throw the error you see.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed