FooterLinks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:46

FooterLinks

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi everybody,
i must insert in the footer of my site a navigation control with column of some principal nodes.

I've found the widjet navigation control with the option "Sitemap divided in columns" but i can't select the node that i want, i can select all principal node. There is another way to select custom pages for this style of navigation control?

Thanks

Hi Web,

The NavigationControl is populated by the SiteMap data source, or you can set specific subset of pages. I attached a screenshot that shows how to start binding the control from specific node.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Ok but with this solution i can create only one column. but i want create an horizontal column navigation with this structure:

> node1
    > subpage1
    > subpage2
    > subpage3
> node3
        > subpage1
        > subpage2
        > subpage3
        > subpage4
> node7
        > subpage1
        > subpage2
        > subpage3
        > subpage4

Hello Web,

node 1, node 3 and node 7 should be part of your SiteMap. If create a single parent for them the solution will work. If the pages do not have a single parent you need to subscribe for ItemDataBound event of a custom control that you should use in the context of custom template that NavigationControl supports. Inside ItemDataBound you have access to the dataitem which is PageNode object, so you can decide which nodes will be visible and which node.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed