Why doesnt the VS SitefinityIntermediateModule install?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:04

Why doesnt the VS SitefinityIntermediateModule install?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I just wanted to try out installing the Visual Studio module template for SiteFinityIntermediateModule. I added a reference to the project from my Sitefinity Web App - rebuilt. Went into Sitefinity > Administration > Advanced > System > ApplicationModules and added an entry for my module. There was no Install checkbox as suggested on previous posts.

I then stopped and restarted my application. There was an additonal entry in the Advanced settings menu, for SitefinityModules (the namepsace of my module project), however nothing appears in the content menu.

Have I done something wrong? There are no instructions to follow.

Thanks
higgsy

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Higgsy,

If you review the Install method of the intermediate module extension you will see that we are simply creating a page group for your module that is not visible in the menu. However, if you go to Administration->Backend pages you will notice that your Module name appears under the Content page group.

It is up to you to modify the install method of your module to include as many pages as you would like. In 2011 we plan to introduce you with some wizards that will help you write your modules much faster.

Greetings,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi,

I had set a breakpoint in the Install method, but it wasn't hit, which is what led me to the forum. In my Install method I am following the basic module tutorial and so I have all the code for creating a backend pagegroup and page. So I would expect the page to appear in the menu if the Install was succesful.

When I set a breakpoint in the Initialize method it get's hit. So from that I conclude that my module was installed. After a module is installed I don't think the Install method will be called again, is that correct? In that case, how can I reinstall the module? 

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Apr-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

Yes the install method is called only once per module lifecycle. We still don't have a method that rollbacks the module, but we are certainly looking to create one in the upcoming releases. If you want to manually invoke that you can delete the version of your module from the App_Data\Configuration\SystemConfig.config.

Regards,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Has this been ever built? This message seems to be 1 year old and I was hoping this would've been implemented by now :)

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2012 00:00

Has this been ever built? This message seems to be 1 year old and I was hoping this would've been implemented by now :)

This thread is closed