A generic error occurred in GDI+

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:03

A generic error occurred in GDI+

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2011 00:00

Hi,

I'm getting a strange error "A generic error occurred in GDI+" while uploading a image to an album.

And after several try and error i found that images bigger than 30 kb works fine, but this seems a little strange to me.

Maybe be a problem on the server side or could be a format problem. I don't know..
but this error is anoying and  don't want to say to the clients that they must change the images.

PS: In attachement I send you the image that causes me the error, and the error message that apears.

Thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Paulo,

I download the image and upload it on a local project without problems. The problem should not be related the the image size, since the error is thrown from the GDI+. The RadUpload that we use stores temp data inside
/App_Data/Sitefinity/Temp/Libraries folder. Please verify that the account under your application pool runs has full access over this folder.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi,

The folder has the respective rights, because if I upload images bigger then the one I sent, it works perffectly.
So it should not be a rights problem.

Thanks anyway

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Paulo,

I am not able to replicate the issue locally with your image. It is possible that the problem comes from the environment under the project is hosted. What is your OS, IIS , browser you use?

Can you replicate the issue on anther machine or using our sandbox.

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed