Archive widget - no links

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:37

Archive widget - no links

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

I placed the Archive widget on my page. I click edit, I change the content type to Telerik.Sitefinity.News.Model.NewsItem . It gives me a list of dates, but none of the list items are hyperlinks to the content. 

I have also tried this with the blogs module and get the same results.  Any suggestions?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda Shafer,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

I have tried to reproduce your issue locally but everything worked fine - I'm attaching a sample video to this support ticket for you to review. Can you, please, send me a sample video showing how your problem reproduces?
The basic idea of the Archive widget is to group your content items by certain criteria (in this case PublicationDate). Clicking on the particular date will lead you to the news created on that date and clicking on a news item should lead you to its content. You can also use different grouping filters and set items count for the archived content - please review this article from the User Guide.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hello Boyan,

Thank you for the response. I've published the page and visited it and now the links appear. Thanks!

Edit: I've realized the error. I was viewing it through the Preview. This does not render the hyperlinks. However, once you publish and view, the hyperlinks are present.

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for getting back to me.
Can you try and record a video using Jing?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2011 00:00

Sure can try. I won't be back on this project for a few days, but I can get it to you then.

This thread is closed