Error every time I save a form after migration.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:39

Error every time I save a form after migration.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2011 00:00

Every time I save a form (pages and other content seems to save ok), I get the following error:

Invalid provider name "Default" for SitefinityMembershipProvider specified in web.config file. The name should match one of the providers configured in Sitefinity's Security.config configuration.

I downloaded the trial about a month ago and just reinstalled the latest, copy the project over from the old installation. Any idea how to resolve this? I can confirm that 'Default' is the provider name, but I can't find this 'Security.config' file. I found a 'SecurityConfig.config' file under the project /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder but that file didn't seem to have any references to a membership provider.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Chris,

Please go to the configuration setting of the backend and check whether you have provider with name "Default". The error you see is thrown when the UserManager class is trying to get the value associated with a given key which is the provider name - "Default". The error says that the collection does not contain this provider with name "Default"

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed