The resource cannot be found.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:21

The resource cannot be found.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2011 00:00

When i try to create a new custom field for the news module, an alert show this message "The resource cannot be found."
How can i fix this?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Gadonski,

Please verify that your live server supports WCF services. You can check this article to see if you have configured your IIS correctly.

Also you can try and use Firefox firebug plugin to diagnose the error giving me more information about it so I can be of greater help to you.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Victor Velev,

my local server support the wcf services.

The error occurred when the page try to load this link:

local.mosarte.com.br/.../

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Gadonski,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I tried to replicate the problem locally with several Sitefinity supported browser but could not reproduce it using Sitefinity 4 with SP1. Can you provide test user account and password so I can login to your site and use diagnostic tools to verify where the problem comes from. 

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Gadonski,
I was getting this same error and my issue was that when I published my site from local VS2010 to dev server, for some reason I had the ModuleEditor.svc (in ~/Sitefinity/Services/MetaData) excluded so it didn't exist on my dev server.  Once I included that file in VS2010 and re-published my site, all worked well.  hope that helps!

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Thanks Christine.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2011 00:00

Every menu item on the "Content" > "Types of Content" list gives me this error, except for these three: Forms, Lists, and Newsletters (beta). I've verified I have .svc and .xamlx set up correctly, and I've re-included ModuleEditor.svc as Christine suggested. 

Taking a queue from Christine, I looked for more missing files, and checked out the javascript error. It looks like there's a whole missing folder the project manager for 4.0 didn't create: /Sitefinity/Services/Content/. The upgrade to 4.1 didn't do anything with this folder either. 

I found everything I needed here, and copied it to my development /Sitefinity/Services/ folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Sitefinity 4.1\_EmptyProject\Sitefinity\Services\Content

It's all working now. Thanks for the ideas! 

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2011 00:00

I had the same issue but with the new Lists module. Your suggestion solved it. I found several files that were not invluded, so I included them all.

/Fredrik

This thread is closed