Error during installation.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:32

Error during installation.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Mar-2011 00:00

I am attempting to install the sitefinity evaluation license on Windows 2003 SBE and am recieving a very non descript error: 

Chainer has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The installer then equests that I attempt the installation again with logging. I did this, but the file is beyond the upload limit here, so if it will help I can send it through email. When I look in the windows application event log I see the following:

EventType clr20r3, P1 msi41.tmp, P2 1.0.0.0, P3 4d6e6d10, P4 chainer, P5 1.0.0.0, P6 4d6e6d10, P7 348, P8 17, P9 iccxrsp2bu5i0tewyqer3dwakgwpccxq, P10 NIL.

I am just attempting to evaluate the product for a customer and provided I can get over this installation hurdle, he will be purchasing it.

Thanks for your help

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Wesley,

Can you try to make a custom installation and exclude the RadControls and Silverlight controls from the installation.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Thanks for the reply. That at least allowed me to install the application, but I haven't yet had a chance to test the installation. If we intend to use the Ajax RadControls in our development, how will this work since we have not installed this component for Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Wesley,

The Telerik.Web.UI dll is included in each project ( bin folder), so there would not a problem to use the RadControls in a custom implementations.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed