Gallery Backend: How to sort by sort order

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:37

Gallery Backend: How to sort by sort order

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi there,

Seems odd but I can't seem to find a way to sort images based on the sort order ordinal. I have many libraries with 50+ images, spend all kinds of time sorting them and yet I'm not able to view them in the desired order. Any idea when this will be fixed? or am I just missing some obvious setting?

Also, how do I go about getting a bug like this into PITS? When in PITS if I click on submit issue it just takes me to the regular support options page. Is that how it's done?

Regards,
Phill

p.s. the fact that the default view for images is not a list of albums but all images is extremely annoying and un-intuitive to users. This would be nice if it could get fixed too. Try doing some testing, not using 4-5 images but do some testing with 100+ images and you'll see how frustrating this simple thing is.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Phill Hodgkinson,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Regarding your first question, can you, please specify the desired criteria you want to sort images by and where do you expect to see this sorting applied?

Concerning PITS, there is no error - this is the correct way to do this - you can submit an issue through the support channels available to you, and it will be logged and reviewed and then get into PITS.

Last, but not least, I completely agree with you that there is a need for such functionality (option to have default view by albums). I have logged it as a feature request (TFS work item # 110546) and we'll be working on it.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request. Thank you in advance.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Boyan,

Thanks for the response.

1. I want to sort by Sort Order. You provide an option for users to manually drag and drop images into a specific order but I can't then view images in this order (yes I can on the front end by selecting the option "as they are sorted in the album" but this option doesn't exist in the backend. I'm pretty sure the field is "Ordinal".

2. I will submit more support tickets in hopes that they appear in PITS for the benefit of all.

3. I look forward to this feature but as with many features/bugs won't hold my breath.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Phill Hodgkinson,

Thank you for getting back to me. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by these problems. I have logged the issue with sorting in TFS as work item #110646, and have set both Feature request #110546 and Bug report  #110646 with highest priority. You can track both in PITS: here and here.

I hope this information helps. I will be glad to assist you further.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Apr-2011 00:00

Hi Phill Hodgkinson,

Just a quick follow-up regarding the issue with TFS  work item #110646 sort by Sort Order - the bug has been fixed, and will be available with our Q1 release. In the meantime you can apply the following workaround:
From Sitefinity Backend, go to: Administration->Settings->Advanced->ContentView->Controls->ImagesBackend->Views->ImagesBackendList and navigate to the SortExpression property. Change the value inside to Ordinal ASC and save the configuration. Then you can experiment by reordering images in an album and see the setting applied in Image Gallery (please note that the image gallery screen will not be refreshed automatically - you'll need to refresh it, but this will be also included in the Q1 release)
I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed