My sitefinity site was down for a few hours, please help

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:29

My sitefinity site was down for a few hours, please help

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

My sitefinity site was down for a few hours, everything is back to normal after I restart the site in IIS. Please help, here is one of the events I can find in the windows event viewer. Nothing is logged in the sitefinity Error.log.

Please help, many thanks!

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 14/03/2011 10:18:12 p.m.
Event time (UTC): 14/03/2011 9:18:12 a.m.
Event ID: 7fe3efc7b209478eb715945522be881c
Event sequence: 6495
Event occurrence: 1
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/4/ROOT-4-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: C:\Websites\xxxxxxxxxxxxx\
    Machine name: BDWEB01

Process information:
    Process ID: 2176
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: IIS APPPOOL\xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Exception information:
    Exception type: SQLException
    Exception message: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.)
   at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.executeQuery()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.executeQuery()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.fetch.FetchResultImp.execute()

Request information:
    Request path: /images/email/email2.jpg
    User host address: 122.xx.xxx.xx
    User: Anonymous
    Is authenticated: False
    Authentication Type: Sitefinity
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 28
    Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace:    at Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Adonet2Generic.Impl.PreparedStatementImp.executeQuery()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.conn.PooledPreparedStatement.executeQuery()
   at OpenAccessRuntime.Relational.fetch.FetchResultImp.execute()

Custom event details:

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2011 00:00

My system administrator told me he restarted the SQL server last night but the site didn't come back itself after the SQL server is back.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hi Adam,

We had similar problem before SP1. Please upgrade the project to SP1 release and let us know if the problem persists. Also make sure that the server is not down, because we closed the connection prior SP1 and system restart was required to get the project up and running.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi Adam,

Did the SP1 upgrade solved your issue?

Hi Ivan,
I am experiencing the same thing and my site doesn't has been working properly for a week now. I found these when I checked the logs:
-  "The operation has timed out"
-  "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
-  "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive."

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

Ivan Dimitrov mentioned that SP1 of version Sitefinity 4.0 might not have such problems.

If the wcwp process on the site is consuming high amount of CPU time the problem is a performance problem most possibly in a control used on one or more of the pages on the site. To isolate the cause of the problem to a single control use the test scenario described in this KB article. Trough the test a control can be identified for causing the high CPU consumption as the CPU load will go down when the control is removed as part of the steps in the test.

Issue regarding high CPU utilization which leads to eventual site crashing when the CPU usage reaches 100% which we have encountered in Sitefintiy support are in most cases connected to a problematic control.

If a control appears to be the cause of the problem refer to how to performance optimize the implementation of the control from the suggestions in this documentation.

I have send you some questions and additional information in the support ticket you have opened. Once the problem is resolved you could send the solution with the community.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed