Change Default View for Images backend page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:45

Change Default View for Images backend page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

How can I change the default view of the images page in the backend so it displays in "grid mode" by default?  I have limited the number of images that are displayed (by changing setting to display only 5 items or so),  however I notice that the paging does not work unless the view mode is grid. (at least in the official release of Sitefinity 4.  I haven't upgraded to the service pack 1 yet)

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Christine,

Can you please specify where you want this setting applied  -are we talking about he Images Library or the Image Gallery widget? In the gallery widget you can set list/thumbnail mode by default and paging works flawlessly in both modes - tested on SP1 (please see the attached short video).

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2011 00:00

I am referring to the images library page in the admin portal that you get to by going to Content -> Images.  Also note that this particular site is not yet upgraded to SP1.  See attached screenshots

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello Christine,

Thank you for getting back to me. We are currently working on having the user settings for Content -> Images saved, because now they do not get saved and each time reset to the default. I have just one question - can you please tell me where do you specify the limit of images per page, when you set paging for Content -> Images?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Hello Christine,

Just a quick follow-up: Setting paging (please see the attached screenshot, so that I can be sure you're doing it from the same place I did) works fine in both thumbnail and list view modes in Images. This has been tested with our latest internal build, so it seems the problem is fixed. Please try upgrading the project to official version SP1 or latest internal and let us know if everything is OK.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Thanks for the response!  Yes...that is where I am setting the page size.  The site that I am trying to do this on is not yet upgraded to SP1.  It is running with the official release.  Was this a bug in the official release?

Hi Christine,

I did some search and indeed there was a bug logged with #105216 which has been fixed. I hope that with upgrading your project the issue you are facing now will be resolved. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any additional questions.

It was pleasure for me to assist you. Wish you a great day.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed