Project Manager doesn't show projects

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:35

Project Manager doesn't show projects

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2011 00:00

Hello,

I am running XP SP3 and have upgraded my Windows Installer to 4.5. I ran the SF4 install with standard options. Then I run the Sitefinity Project Manager and use it to create a new project. It successfully creates the project and I am able to view the site and use the Administration area.

Since I am attempting to upgrade a 3.7 site, I have to make changes that require restarting the Project Manager. This is where the problem comes in. When I reopen the Project Manager it asks me to accept the terms of service and then the tool has no projects in it and all I can do is create a new project. I can see the files from the project I created in the filesystem, but I can't view the site anymore.

Any help or guidance you can give on what I'm doing wrong would be great!

Thanks!
Eric

Hello Eric,

Please add the project manager in a folder of your C: drive. This issue happens when the project manager is added to the desktop or some virtual drive. Also check the xml file that is generated and populated when you create a new project. This file contains the path to your projects.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thanks for the fast response Ivan.

I should've mentioned I'm running XP as a VM on my Mac. I wonder if this makes this impossible altogether? All of the Telerik software is located in the C drive of the machine, however, I suppose it might still be considered virtual since it's a virtual machine.

I'm not able to find an XML file for these projects, where might I find that? If I can change the location from there, maybe that'd be a sufficient work around.

Thanks!
Eric

I may have figured it out. I turned off folder sharing and mirroring in my virtual machine's settings, created a new SF project via the Project Manager tool. This placed a "projects.xml" file on my vm's desktop. I moved the file to "c:/program files/telerik/sitefinity 4.0/" and now when I open the Project Manager, it doesn't ask me to agree to the TOS and it shows the project I created.

I will post back if I have any further issues.

Thanks!
Eric

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2011 00:00

Hi

Im experiencing a similar problem.
No xml file is generated.

When I restart project manager, its empty.
Im running win xp sp3, its a physical.

Ive tried both the standalone project manager and the installer.
Ive tried running the program from c drive root and various other locations, none worked.

Please advise?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2011 00:00

Hello ,

Try generating a project xml file where you set the location of the project

SAMPLE

<projects>
  <project id="2c261a49-05d3-4e0a-a18a-d0c019a33f49" Name="testsql" BrowseUrl="Click Browse to resolve" SfVersion="4.1.1339.0" DateCreated="04/26/2011 09:59:05">
    <Location Type="FileSystem" Url="C:\IDIMITROV\Temp\4.1\Projects\testsql" LocalPath="C:\IDIMITROV\Temp\4.1\Projects\testsql" />
  </project>
</projects>

Do you have problems if you try to run the PM from higher version of Windows?

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed